Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Something Strange Happened-Social Butterfly-Loving Life

Rate this Entry
Saturday night we went out for a friend's birthday. We were all sitting around enjoying the night and as I looked around I noticed something. Something that I never, ever thought would happen. I was the thinnest one in the room. It was such a strange feeling. I was so used to being one of the biggest, if not the biggest whenever I went out with friends. So imagine my surprise when I realized it. It was such a weird feeling.
I got a surprise in the mail the other day. As book one of 4 being completed for my professional designation they sent me a plaque and certificate and I already have professional credentials to add to my signature block. I didn't think I would get anything until the very end. I am also just 1 test away from completing book 2.
Sunday another friend came over and we celebrated her birthday with Sushi and we watched Baywatch. I really had no expectations of that movie but it ended up being really entertaining. Lots of funny quips.
Today we went to visit my FIL's gravesite. It was the one year anniversary of his death. We met up with my MIL and SIL and then had brunch afterwards. This has been a busy, busy weekend. I need to get back to work just so I can rest and relax. LOL.
Even with all the extra activities with friends this weekend, I was able to keep my weight stable. I just accounted for the extra calories by running and watching my food during my non social hours. Ah the things we learn on this weight loss journey...how to balance our eating and exercise to the life style we are leading.

Here are my most recent side by side progress pics.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	27034

Name:	back.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	27035

Name:	side.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	27036

Submit "Something Strange Happened-Social Butterfly-Loving Life" to Digg Submit "Something Strange Happened-Social Butterfly-Loving Life" to del.icio.us Submit "Something Strange Happened-Social Butterfly-Loving Life" to StumbleUpon Submit "Something Strange Happened-Social Butterfly-Loving Life" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look fantastic! Enjoying reading you blogs!
    So happy for you succes! I look forward to not being the "linebacker"! It will happen!
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel2313
    You look fantastic! Enjoying reading you blogs!
    Thank you so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTMiller
    So happy for you succes! I look forward to not being the "linebacker"! It will happen!
    Mary
    It will happen you know it. It is such an awesome feeling. Funny thing is that my friend who came over on Sunday was saying how I wasn't that big pre surgery. She was comparing me to a coworker who had the surgery. I had to get show her the old pictures on my phone and my before/after pics. My before pic is 3 days post op and I was already down 20 lbs from my pre op insurance requirements and liquid diet. She was like, "I don't remember you like that." So funny.
    Looking good young lady!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Looking good young lady!
    Thanks Lori!! I am feeling so great. I am so glad that I got my life back. I swear I have been on cloud 9 since day 1 post op.
    Love this post Christy and you look good too. I think you gained years on your face too. Fun seeing your new comparison pics. Wished i would have taken poses in my bra and undies. Congratulations again on all your success.
    You look amazing Christy!!!! I took your advice; joined a gym and I am loving life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Love this post Christy and you look good too. I think you gained years on your face too. Fun seeing your new comparison pics. Wished i would have taken poses in my bra and undies. Congratulations again on all your success.
    Thanks Tamera!! I wish I had taken mine at my heaviest. This was 3 days post op and I was already down 20 lbs from the pre op. It is the one thing I am always telling people. And I always suggest doing it in as little clothes as you feel comfortable with. I think I look younger too. I absolutely love everything about my sleeve and journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by BahaMs
    You look amazing Christy!!!! I took your advice; joined a gym and I am loving life.
    Yay for joining a gym!! Working out is like the cherry on our WLS cake!! Makes everything sag a bit less. I think if we don't work out we are wasting an opportunity with our new gift.
    You look wonderful and congrats on getting your life back! A whole new world opens up,doesn't it?
    I absolutely adore being The Skinny Bitch.

Never imagined it could ever happen.

What a gas. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by poodlecamper
    You look wonderful and congrats on getting your life back! A whole new world opens up,doesn't it?
    Absolutely!!! It is like I am living the popular life. LOL. Everyone is always so nice to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    I absolutely adore being The Skinny Bitch.

Never imagined it could ever happen.

What a gas. :O
    Right??? It's like I never tire of people calling me tiny. It is such a huge compliment. A guy at work said I was so tiny I could live in his shoe. LOL. Granted he is like 6'5" and 300 lbs. Even with thigh sag I have a thigh gap now!!