Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurel2313

Surgery

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone! Here's my story. Starting in 2010 I started dieting to lose weight for knee surgery. I did not want to lose it fast so I really took my time. It took 7 yrs. to get 40 lbs.off but I felt it was going in the right direction. Doctors discovered a fistula and I have diverticulitis. With the fistula, my colon is attaching to my bladder and has created a hole in my bladder and it triggers diverticulitis attacks. My surgeon told me in July 2016, I had to have Bariatric surgery to make surgery easier for the surgeon and for my recovery. I had the surgery April/2017 and have lost 64 lbs. That with my 40 is a 100 lb weight loss. (though I have a lot more to lose) Time has run out and the fistula and diverticulitis has reared it;s ugly head so I am going to have surgery in a few weeks. This surgery is so invasive. They will be removing part of colon and stitching the hold in my bladder. I will have a temporary bag so infection does not occur near or in the bladder. I want to continue my quest for weight loss but I had to put my story out here as a venting source for I am so frightened to go through this. Looking for support and prayers. Thank you all!

Submit "Surgery" to Digg Submit "Surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Bless your heart (BIG hugs) I know you have to be frightened, it is a lot to wrap your head around. You have done fantastic with your weight-loss... 100-ponds is a major accomplishment. This surgery is needed and it sounds like you have already overcome obstacles in front of you, this will just be one more in a season of your life- and you will overcome this one too!!!! Sending prayers your way xoxo
    Boy, you're dealing with a handful of things, aren't you?

Yet, you're so determined. Mentally, you sound like someone who will do very well after bariatric surgery in terms of staying focused, disciplined, and change your lifestyle permanently.

Very, very best to you. Stay here and read all you can. You'll see lots of people whose lives have been turned around in a very, very good way.

Welcome.
    Oh Laurel I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck on your surgery. I know it's hard to be having another surgery so soon but hopefully it will make you feel better. And woohoo!! 104 lbs!! You rock. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Bless your heart (BIG hugs) I know you have to be frightened, it is a lot to wrap your head around. You have done fantastic with your weight-loss... 100-ponds is a major accomplishment. This surgery is needed and it sounds like you have already overcome obstacles in front of you, this will just be one more in a season of your life- and you will overcome this one too!!!! Sending prayers your way xoxo
    Thank you very much for your response and your support! My fear is, I always seem to have complications with surgeries, but that might be common too. I will keep coming back to this wonderful blog and read, read read! Thank you again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Boy, you're dealing with a handful of things, aren't you?

Yet, you're so determined. Mentally, you sound like someone who will do very well after bariatric surgery in terms of staying focused, disciplined, and change your lifestyle permanently.

Very, very best to you. Stay here and read all you can. You'll see lots of people whose lives have been turned around in a very, very good way.

Welcome.
    Thank you very much for your support and I will come back and read, read, read! Funny,I just joined a gym which I will put on hold until I am healed. Thank you again for your support!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Oh Laurel I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck on your surgery. I know it's hard to be having another surgery so soon but hopefully it will make you feel better. And woohoo!! 104 lbs!! You rock. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you and I will continue my quest to lose weight once I heal from this. I was just released from an 7 day stay in the hospital only to arrange going back in for the surgery...ugh! I just want to have a good quality of life! Thank you again and I will continue to come back to this wonderful forum and read, read, read!!
    Wishing you the very best!
    Quote Originally Posted by NLT
    Wishing you the very best!
    Thank you!