Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

Miralax???

Rate this Entry
I am 1 month post op and am having discomfort due to constipation. Of course it's a holiday weekend or else I would call the doctor. Nothing painful just a full feeling. He
Does anyone know if Miralax is OK to use?
Thanks!

Submit "Miralax???" to Digg Submit "Miralax???" to del.icio.us Submit "Miralax???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Miralax???" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It was safe for me
    I have heard other people say they used it. My daughter was on it for a long time (not a sleeve patient, she has IBS).
    I had horrble constipation issues the first couple months after surgery, and I wasn't used to this. I had always taken magnesium pills before bed for years and they pills are so large that I knew I couldn't take them after surgery, so I didn't. I cut them in half and began taking them again a month out and it still took a couple more months to get back in the swing of things. I am 5 months post op and have NO problems in that department anymore, happy to say.

But Miralax has been known to work.
    Yes, it's what my doctor recommended.
    Lots of people use it. I couldn't drink the stuff so I ended up using enemas. Not a full one, just a little to help me get going. I am happy to report that I will be 10 months tomorrow and am finally pretty regular. No more constipation. It was a hard road...pun intended.
    I used Dulcolax and still do from time to time. It doesn't give me those horrible cramps like some others do but as far as Miralax I never liked it mainly because it didn't help. With that said my Husband just had a horrific major back surgery and he is really constipated from the pain meds. Miralax hasn't done anything for him but the Dulcolax seems to work wonders. Good Luck, I know what a horrible feeling it is to be like that.
    I got constipated after I started pureed foods. I took two generic stool softeners, and that did the trick.
    Living this still at 4 mo post op. So scary at week 3, end of liquids and thinking well what do I need to eliminate? Well apparently a lot more than I thought, considered an ER trip but took matters in my own hands(sorry) lesson learned. Senokot for day 3 if I haven't gone and pretty much depend on Smooth Move tea almost every other night before bed. Not getting enough fiber for sure, hoping to eat salads again soon.
    I use it routinely, every single day. If I don't I get clogged plumbing. I use it on the advice of my doctor and would do free commercials for them if they wanted me to.

It can be a little costly using the name brand every day so I get a generic brand at sam's for a fraction of the cost.

I <3 Miralax
    I used Miralax and still do as needed.
    My Dr. also said I could use it from week 1. I add the non flavored packets of Miralax to my protein shake every 2 or 3 days. It helps.
    I use it all the time too. I add it to my iced tea or power drinks a few times a week
    Walgreens carries their own brand which is cheaper too by the way