Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

joyfulinhope

My dog is my rock!

Rate this Entry
I got my little Havanese pup in February. His name is Brady(after Tom). He has been like a weight loss buddy. I have to walk him everyday so he doesn't get into trouble. Luckily there's an nice little lake 1/4 mile from my house that has a walking trail. Once around is a mile so we've managed to go almost daily 2 miles as fast as I can walk. He trots the entire two miles cause he's little. It really has helped me get out and move cause I feel guilty if I don't walk him. I have to say when it got real hot he hid under the bed when I got the leash out LOL!! My husband is very supportive but I don't get as much motivation from him as I do from my buddy Brady. I thought I should give credit where credit is do. He's the best!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	084.PNG 
Views:	399 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	27018  

Submit "My dog is my rock!" to Digg Submit "My dog is my rock!" to del.icio.us Submit "My dog is my rock!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My dog is my rock!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What a cute fur baby! Glad to hear Brady keeps you moving!
    What a precious thing he is! And yes, people with dogs who have to be walked are healthier than people without dogs. The benefits are both physical and psychological.
    There's some good research that says so (the "Lassie effect"):

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/w...t.html?mcubz=0

And the exercise is GREAT for your doggie, too. And great for the bond between you.

You're a smart cookie to have found your walking buddy.
    Brady is adorable!!!!!!! I have a shitzu aka "diva" who yawns when I want to go walk with her. I do put her in a basket on my bike and she tags along then LOL What would we do without these cuties in our lives!!!