Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School

Rate this Entry
Haven't blogged lately. Not a lot going on for my WLS journey. I am hanging tough at 113. I feel healthy at this weight. I am no longer low carb. I actually need the carbs to maintain my weight. I still focus on my protein and veggies but also eat grains now. Adding the carbs back in did not make me gain weight or give me any digestive issues.
I am still running and getting ready for my half marathon. I feel strong when I run. It is such a great feeling. It is a time to unwind from the world and focus on me. I play my music and reflect on all the things going on in my life. I swear it is therapeutic for me. It helps me make decisions and problem solve. It is definitely my happy time. And it gives me the added benefit of staying fit and healthy.
Things have been busy at work. I work in insurance and have been working a lot of Harvey claims. It is so heartbreaking to hear their stories of devastation and yet so inspiring to hear their resolve to go on and listen to the stories of how the community came together to help each other. Some calls I get the people have lost everything. Home, ,vehicles, possessions. And at the end they are so thankful to have survived with their families and they know it will all be ok.
The kiddos have started back to school this week. It is so nice to be back to normal. Now we start all the school activities and I am good with that. This Friday is the first football game and we get to watch my daughter cheer. I am excited for her. She finally wanted to do some extra curricular activity. I was always active in HS and was feeling like she was missing out since she wasn't doing anything. So happy.
I have been working on a professional certification for work. I am almost halfway through and my goal is to be done hopefully before Thanksgiving if not faster. I have been spending a lot of time focusing on it. I am actually excited about it and cannot wait to complete it!
I am hoping all you wonderful sleevers are enjoying your last days of summer and making the most of your healthy new bodies!!! Get your move on!!

Submit "Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School" to Digg Submit "Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School" to del.icio.us Submit "Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School" to StumbleUpon Submit "Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School" to Google

Comments

Great catch-up post, Christie. The new school year always feels (even for me) like the real start of the New Year.

Good times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Great catch-up post, Christie. The new school year always feels (even for me) like the real start of the New Year.

Good times!
    Thanks Ann! I am loving the new school year. You are right....it does feel like a rebirth.
    I wish I could be so excited for the new school year. I started class two weeks ago and if all goes well, I will graduate with my Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Management. It is going to be a hard semester but I just need to get through it. Its 6 1/2 years in the making and I am getting burned out. The last year and half have been very hard with the surgery and life changes, the gym every night. The focus became a little shaky last year when the carbs cut back. I find I have little better focus right now that a have upped the carbs to management stage levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    I wish I could be so excited for the new school year. I started class two weeks ago and if all goes well, I will graduate with my Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Management. It is going to be a hard semester but I just need to get through it. Its 6 1/2 years in the making and I am getting burned out. The last year and half have been very hard with the surgery and life changes, the gym every night. The focus became a little shaky last year when the carbs cut back. I find I have little better focus right now that a have upped the carbs to management stage levels.
    Yes. I totally get it about the life changes. Work, working out, regular house duties (cleaning and cooking), shuffling kids around, school (for me)...etc. It can make you feel like you are going non stop. I guess what keeps me going is that I am very type A and get a huge kick out of completing things. LOL. But I do honestly know what you mean. I sometimes get frustrated if others in my family are not pulling their weight and I have to do extra because of it. I am already pretty maxed out so it takes everything in me not to snap. But I keep plugging on because I know once it is done, it is done. And I may just take me a few day vacation on my own when it is over. No husband, no kids. Go see a friend or my brother or something.