Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kell

Peeing post op...

Rate this Entry
I am 12 days post op. I am drinking my water and I know I am not dehydrated based on my urine color. I drink more water now than I ever have before yet I never pee! I used to pee once an hour or two and now it's like 3 times a day. I asked the PA in the surgeons office and she had no answer for me. I've heard this is common post op but did anyone get an explanation why?

Submit "Peeing post op..." to Digg Submit "Peeing post op..." to del.icio.us Submit "Peeing post op..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Peeing post op..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No explanation but i also when from peeing often to about once a day now.
    I have no idea. I always have to 'go'!
    Never thought about it really. Good question. It may have to do with post surgery swelling. Once that starts releasing you should see a difference. Also I do remember that before surgery I was wearing incontinance pads but almost immediately afterwards I didn't need them anymore.
    I only peed a few times a day in the very beginning as well. It will get more frequent as time goes on. As long as you are drinking enough, you have nothing to be worried about.
    its a hydration issue and you should speak to your doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermeske
    its a hydration issue and you should speak to your doc.
    I did - I am not dehydrated.
    I am 3 weeks out and drinking plenty and not peeing much too. Trying to force more fluids to get things kicked in again.
    I don't know, but I wonder if your larger stomach pushed on your bladder making you have the urge to go more often.