Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cortega10

Surgery 3 days ago, have black stool

Rate this Entry
Surgery 3 days ago, had black stool two days later, my Dr. didn't even know what to tell me. Just said it was unusual and asked if my heart rate was over 110 and feeling dizzy when standing, which I don't have these symptoms. I've read both sides, that it's normal but also that it's not....

Submit "Surgery 3 days ago, have black stool" to Digg Submit "Surgery 3 days ago, have black stool" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery 3 days ago, have black stool" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery 3 days ago, have black stool" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Pooping takes a while to be normal post op. Maybe the drugs exiting your system?
    Uh ... blood from 80% of your stomach being cut off and then some blood moving from there down through your intestinal system? I'm pretty sure that's it.

Also, congratulations on having a bowel movement 2 days post-op. That puts you in the top 1% of post-op poopers. Not even teasing about this.
    Agree with Ann and Christie. Mine was black also for abit but then it was a week before my first poop!! Congrats on going so soon!!
    I had the black poop too.. only once though about a week post op. When away with no problems.
    I'm with Ann...Congratulations on the post-op poop! That was my one and only issue post op. I still have to be mindful to eat what I know will help