Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

19 months and a "new" country

Rate this Entry
Those past weeks have been so complicated I'm not even going to go into too many boring details that are not linked to the sleeve, but stress level has been really really high.

Moving out of Taiwan, living all those amazing friends behind, arriving in France where my mother just had a heart attack when we were actually boarding the plane...that gives you an idea of the turmoil.

Besides drama everyday, I managed to eat so well, I just amaze myself.
We arrived in France I did cook lots of organic veggies I missed so much, lean protein...cheese..heaven!

My weight has been doing really great, I did have some major water retention after the plane, but one week later that was gone with a little bonus. Having access to better food has an instant positive effect on the scale.

We arrived in the US 4 days ago (water retention again!!), I went to Trader Joe's to get my favorite berries and salad, I love that store!!...so happy to see my friends, they made a dinner for us tonight and that was just perfect...I'm lucky to have access to a pool so I will enjoy some natural D vitamin while doing some great exercise!

I will be back at work in a few days, the day after we land in Paris actually, I might be out of the picture for a while since our container will get there very soon after but I will be back when the dust settle!

I hope you all had a lovely Summer, and a great back to school for the kiddos.

Have a good week end!! take care!!

Submit "19 months and a "new" country" to Digg Submit "19 months and a "new" country" to del.icio.us Submit "19 months and a "new" country" to StumbleUpon Submit "19 months and a "new" country" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sandra, sounds like you're doing the very best job you can of caring for yourself while managing a lot of whirling dervishes in your life. Good on you!

I hope the next phase of your life (in France, I gather) will soon become easier on you.

Best wishes!
    Oh France!! Always wanted to go there! You are doing an amazing job of keeping things together. Moving by itself is stressful but with everything else that makes it doubly so. Pat yourself on the back!! You have handled all of it beautifully.
    Congrats Sandra! I know it must be such a relief to not have to stress about having access to quality foods and vitamins. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is doing well. Enjoy your vacation and your friends. Catch us up when you get settled. Big hugs my friend.
    Hey! Long time no talk!! Sounds like your doing great!!!
    With all that going on, I'm so impressed! Congrats on your continued success!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Sandra, sounds like you're doing the very best job you can of caring for yourself while managing a lot of whirling dervishes in your life. Good on you!

I hope the next phase of your life (in France, I gather) will soon become easier on you.

Best wishes!
    Thank you for your message my dear Ann!
    I hope things will get easier too, the last two months have been extremely complicated, I can't wait to settle into a little routine and prepare the winter holidays!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Oh France!! Always wanted to go there! You are doing an amazing job of keeping things together. Moving by itself is stressful but with everything else that makes it doubly so. Pat yourself on the back!! You have handled all of it beautifully.
    Donna, I hope you will get a chance to visit my beautiful country! if you can come let me know I can help you prepare your trip! but don't stay only in Paris, there's so much to see in the countryside.
    I did feel that those past two months were especially hard...so I did treat myself this week some shoe shopping and tomorrow I'm getting a mani-pedi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Congrats Sandra! I know it must be such a relief to not have to stress about having access to quality foods and vitamins. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is doing well. Enjoy your vacation and your friends. Catch us up when you get settled. Big hugs my friend.
    Thank you my friend! I must say it feels a little silly to be so happy doing the grocery shopping!!!I even came back from the south with beautiful organic zucchinis and amazing pink garlic, made an amazing dish with those and feta cheese the very next day. I'm glad I had a few happy times like that. Because those past two months are just eurk!
    My mum is doing great thanks!! she was actually nice the first day right after surgery, I knew she was very sick for being that nice. After two day she went back to her usual self: mean, judgmental and awful...so she is really good, no worries!
    My poor hubby is by himself in France with our youngest, he has been taking over after I left, had to deal with more issues with the house...I think September might be complicated too...but one day at a time..big hugs dear Christie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydensmomma
    Hey! Long time no talk!! Sounds like your doing great!!!
    Hey Teri!! I'm glad to see you back! I missed you!! I'm doing very good regarding the circumstances, can't wait to unpack for good and to feel at home again!
    What about you? how are you? what's new?
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    With all that going on, I'm so impressed! Congrats on your continued success!!
    Thank you! with all the turmoil around I was trying to focus a little on myself, with access to nutritious food again it was so easy to make good choices! I was a little worried about our two weeks at the hotel before the departure but I was careful and we ate mostly Japanese (for the fish). Yet I had to ban the chocolate...
    I was in France in August. The food!!!! Amazing! Sounds like you're doing well!