Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Guilloryb

Post op questions.

Rate this Entry
I have a question and I need someones help please. I went to the clinic because i have been able to hold food down. The clinic told me i have a gastric stricture but I cant get any doctor from there that will touch me. They all tell me to see my surgeon. I need advice has anyone else has this issue? Does anyone know of any doctors in the Louisiana area that will help me. I feels like it is getting worse by the day and the accid relfux its causing is killer.

Submit "Post op questions." to Digg Submit "Post op questions." to del.icio.us Submit "Post op questions." to StumbleUpon Submit "Post op questions." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you try going to your pcp? What is a gastric stricture?
    I agree you need to contact your surgeon
    I did not have that but I would ask your PCP for a prescription PPI like Prilosec. (That helps with the reflux and the damage the acid is causing.) Did you have your surgery in the US or Mexico? I hear one of the issues with Mexico is that some doctors will not treat complications from Mexico surgeries. (Which I find to be unacceptable as a doctor's job is to help you.)
    Here is a Dr. A youtube on strictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csdq...ature=youtu.be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomesha
    Did you try going to your pcp? What is a gastric stricture?
    They told me its basically a narrowing of the esophagus due to scar tissue or just the section where the esophagus and stomach meet is to small for food to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Here is a Dr. A youtube on strictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csdq...ature=youtu.be
    I have medication for acid reflux doesn't work i can barely hold it down. I had my surgery in Mexico and that's what has become my down fall because no doctor out here will help me. Tried the emergency room they were reluctant to even examin me. I've made contact with the weight loss agents but no one will be getting back with me till Monday.
    That's what my surgeon here in the states told me, when I had mentioned I had met people who had their sleeve surgery in Mexico. He said that he would not TOUCH any patients who went to Mexico because of the liability. He said that any issues that arise from the gastric surgery being done in Mexico, no insurance company would pay him because the patient didn't have gastric sleeve surgery coverage. (The almighty dollar.) He told me other bariatric surgeons (and surgeons in general) he knows wouldn't see patients either. Sad.
    I feel like I have the same thing.. Prilosec is a life saver. It just takes a few days to work.