Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

Only 100 lbs to go!

Rate this Entry
I started my walking yesterday! 18 days post-op. I walked 2.2 miles for 45 minutes. It felt great! I have so much more energy and spring in my step minus the 35 lbs I have lost since starting this journey in December. I have lost 15 LBS since surgery. I know 100lbs is a lot but I know I can do it! I know that I can lose weight if I watch my diet and walk. I have done it before. The difference this time is that i have my sleeve for support! I do not even miss the junk I used to eat. I FEEL so good about myself right now...it is a circle. I eat right, I feel better physically, I want to walk and am comfortable walking, the weight comes off, I feel good about myself!! It is a recipe for success! I have hope for the first time since 2000! Before the surgery I was SO uncomfortable to walk. I couldn't go very fast and was so out of breath. The following day I would hurt all over and not walk again. I feel really good today! I will take it easy, though, and not kill myself with the walking. I tend to be "all or nothing". I am going to reward myself with something non-food for my 10 lb weight loses, just to make it fun! Eg: go to a movie, manicure, workout clothes, lipstick, body lotion, etc. I have never been one to really buy for myself so it will be fun!
I am glad I have you folks for support and undersranding. I have only shared my surgery with a few besides my husband and sons. 😊

Submit "Only 100 lbs to go!" to Digg Submit "Only 100 lbs to go!" to del.icio.us Submit "Only 100 lbs to go!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Only 100 lbs to go!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you've got your head in the right place and that is one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle. Keep up the good work and enjoy that extra energy!
    KEEP IT UP!!
    So glad to hear you are doing so well. Congrats on your success so far. You will totally be able to lose 100 lbs. You got this!! And great idea about the rewards. My favorite rewards were new work out gear. And now it is new clothes for my new body.
    You can totally do this! Good luck and keep fighting the good fight. Exercise is a key component of weight loss. Keep walking and find other things you can do to keep it going.
    You got this! Keep your eye on the prize and you will be there in no time.