Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

5.5 months out

Rate this Entry
It's been five and a half months from surgery and am ONE pound away from my original goal weight of losing 95 pounds.

In that time, I have lost 44.5 inches from all over this body (10.5"-14" inches from each area: chest, waist and hips).

What I have found that works for me is some form of exercise. I am not a gym rat by any stretch of the word, but I do like to dance around to loud music so Zumba classes are my vice. I'd much prefer them to machines. I still walk every morning as I have been since week 2 post op, I mentally need to do that.

I watch what I eat. I log everything into My Fitness Pal diligently to own up to what goes in my mouth. I take all vitamins and supplements. I drink as much water as I can a day but no where NEAR where I should be. I do have moments of struggle when I feel 'wild hunger pains' hit, usually while I am making my family the foods I no longer can have or want or need, and that is a fight within myself. My husband eats what he wants, whenever he wants. And wants brownies and sandwiches and pizza and carne asada and stuff (I won't even go there), and I am the one who makes some of this stuff for him, or has to watch him eat it. He won't give that up (I won't even go there either) and at times, I get a feeling of "Oh God that looks SO good" but I won't eat the tempting item. I know the commitment I have chosen to make and am NOT ruining any of the HARD work I put in to get to this point. Instead I'll eat half a banana and a spoonful of peanut butter. I've trained myself. The family will eat pizza... I will have an omelet with a dribble of cheese. It's OK, I am OK with it.

I found this picture... the left was taken 47 years ago, 1970.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me7017.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	364.3 KB 
ID:	26979

Submit "5.5 months out" to Digg Submit "5.5 months out" to del.icio.us Submit "5.5 months out" to StumbleUpon Submit "5.5 months out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is truly the biggest adaption is being a sleeved person in a non sleeved world. You are doing it right. Now that I have surpassed goal and am running so much I have begun to add things back to my diet in moderation. But I still continue to put nutrition first and monitor my weight daily. I know some people are very against the daily weigh in but every time I gained weight I did it by avoiding the scale. Once I would see the gain I would feel defeated and then just eat my feelings and avoid weighing myself. Not anymore. It is my daily ritual. I can't wait to hear you say you lost that pound!
    I've lost a few ounces as of this morning, but not a solid pound!! I weigh myself daily, I have to. If I don't, I could easily eat an extra mouthful of almonds and don't like doing that (after I have already had a few earlier in the day). If I SEE what has come off, I feel good. There has been almost a month - this past month- where I'd go up a pound; down a pound; up a half pound, then I lost 2# the other day ,and another pound the following day. As long as I see it's coming off and I know I am working on it daily, I owe it to weighing daily for validation. Come on you measly POUND... time to say adios!!
    congratulations Lori, love your pics. You look great!! Love how you have adapted to this new world of are's. Well said Christy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    I've lost a few ounces as of this morning, but not a solid pound!! I weigh myself daily, I have to. If I don't, I could easily eat an extra mouthful of almonds and don't like doing that (after I have already had a few earlier in the day). If I SEE what has come off, I feel good. There has been almost a month - this past month- where I'd go up a pound; down a pound; up a half pound, then I lost 2# the other day ,and another pound the following day. As long as I see it's coming off and I know I am working on it daily, I owe it to weighing daily for validation. Come on you measly POUND... time to say adios!!
    It will happen. I know it will. When my weight did that it always ended up I needed to up my calories a bit for the amount I was exercising. It always weirded me out when I would realize I was eating too little.
    Still 171 today, but I have 2 classes this week of Zumba. (I'd go to all 5 classes they have weekly, but I can't get out that early in the morning for several of the classes.) Hoping that will speed up things.
    One thing I discovered today while swimming out back, my swimsuit (the new one I bought in May) is TOO big. I need new bottoms AND a top, and the one I bought was 5 sizes smaller than last summer's. Love it!
    WOW!!!