Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jimshoes

Follow-up appointments after surgery.

Rate this Entry
Once my surgery is over and I have went back home to rural Kansas, will I be expected to fly back to San Diego for a follow-up appointment, or can it be done by telehealth...or even a local provider? What do most people do after a Lap-Band to Sleeve revision surgery?

Submit "Follow-up appointments after surgery." to Digg Submit "Follow-up appointments after surgery." to del.icio.us Submit "Follow-up appointments after surgery." to StumbleUpon Submit "Follow-up appointments after surgery." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Did you ask your surgeon what his protocol is?
    I actually did yesterday afternoon, and it sounds like I won't need to fly back for any follow-up appointments. The staff said if I have questions I can work through them, even send pictures and they will convey to the Surgeon and get back to me quickly. Seems very well set up and thought through. Christie13, did you ever have need to follow back up about a concern, and if so did it go smoothly?
    follow up with your regular doctor for blood work. If your surgeon was local you could also see him if necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimshoes
    I actually did yesterday afternoon, and it sounds like I won't need to fly back for any follow-up appointments. The staff said if I have questions I can work through them, even send pictures and they will convey to the Surgeon and get back to me quickly. Seems very well set up and thought through. Christie13, did you ever have need to follow back up about a concern, and if so did it go smoothly?
    My surgeon is local so I have had scheduled appointments with him. I go back again in September. I have been fortunate enough to not have had any complications. All my appointments have just been scheduled follow ups. I do think it is great that your surgeon can do everything without you having to go back and forth.
    I had your surgeon and didn't have any problems. My pcp removed my sutures and my endocrinologist monitors my blood work. Weightloss Agents have been great to work with and they routinely check in and make sure I'm doing well and don't have any questions. Dr Almanza's and his team will send you home with great instructions and all your meds you'll need postop except you'll bring any current meds with you to TJ. Good luck, you picked a great doctor and hospital.