Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

astallons

T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information

Rate this Entry
I don't know if it is nerves or what, but I have 3 weeks until surgery and it feels like I can't get enough information about it. I did my research before I even started this process and I know I have made a smart, well informed decision. Right now it's like I'm addicted to anything and everything VSG! I come home everyday from work and I look at forums and blogs on this site. I'm googling testimony videos from people that have had the surgery. At this point, I think I have watched every single one of them. The good results, the bad results...I even watched one tonight on divorce...it wasn't until I was half way finished with the video that I realized the lady hadn't even had bariatric surgery...it was just a randomly misplaced video. (Not that I expect to get a divorce...my husband is great!). Like, I get off work at 4:30pm and just made myself take a shower at midnight because I couldn't stop watching testimonial videos of people that have had VSG. What is wrong with me?? Why is it that I'm trying to soak up all of this information now??

Submit "T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information" to Digg Submit "T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information" to del.icio.us Submit "T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information" to StumbleUpon Submit "T minus 3 weeks and addicted to information" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did the same thing! It was just so exciting to know what I was about to undertake. The nurses at the hospital said bariatric patients are the most educated patients they see.
    I took in everything I could before surgery, too. You just have to remember that everyone's experience is different. I think having as much knowledge is so helpful, though!

And if you don't mind me sharing, I started blogging about my experience before surgery and now I continue to write about it four years later at www.downthescale.com

Best wishes!!
    I was the same way, just couldn't get enough information. But, the flip side of that coin is this, on the day of surgery I had no nerves. I was calm and self assured with no worries as to whether or not I was doing the right thing. I've had several surgeries over the years and I've never felt so relaxed before a surgery as I did with my sleeve surgery. Information is the ammunition you need to kill the stress of pre-surgery nerves.
    Same here .. .Information sponge.. and for the record, good or bad, Gastric Sleeves DO cause quite a few divorces.
    Thanks everyone!! At least it makes me feel more normal!! JLPSch thank you, I will be looking into your blog very soon. PokerGuy, unfortunately, I know several that have had bariatric surgery that have since had a divorce. My husband and I have talked about this and I pray that we overcome that statistic.
    I have gathered a lot of information too, and it is kind of crazy. However, during the process I started also searching "flash mob wedding proposals" on YouTube, and if you want a good happy cry, just watch some of these videos....they sure make me feel a lot better!