Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Karen86

first week post op

Rate this Entry
Im getting discouraged, I did the pre op diet and just finished my first week of all liquids and i have ONLY lost 12lbs. From what I have read most people have already lost 20lbs by now. I drink a ton of water very little juice, broth and 1 popsicle a day.
Any suggestions?

Submit "first week post op" to Digg Submit "first week post op" to del.icio.us Submit "first week post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "first week post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am only about 6 weeks post-op but one thing that really stuck with me was everyone saying "every sleeve is different and every person is different". Stay the course and follow your post op instructions and the weight will come off. Wish you success in your journey!!!
    You ONLY lost 12 pounds in a week and you're getting discouraged? When was the last time you lost 12 pounds in a week? The pre-op diet is to shrink your liver so it's easier to operate. You didn't gain all your excess weight in a short time and it won't just fall off. Don't compare yourself with anyone else on how fast or slow they lose weight. Stick with the food progression plan you were given and you'll do fine
    Yeah no. You need to relax. Twelve pounds is a lot. If you are LUCKY you will lose 20 lbs in the first month. And each month gets less. Men will lose more. Very high starting weights generally lose more. I am 9 months post op and have lost 73 lbs. (I lost 20 during my managed weight loss/pre op.) Just work your program. Follow the rules. Take measurements and pictures to track your progress. Also, the faster you lose the more loose skin you have. You got this. Don't make yourself crazy and think you have to compare yourself to anyone else.
    My advice is the same as everyone else's. Don't compare yourself with others. The weight will come off. Some lose slower than others. The sleeve works. I can attest to that being a little over a year out. It's not easy. It was never meant to be easy. Follow your plan and don't stress. Before you know it you will be at your goal. Read some of the veterans logs and you will see everyone has had the same feelings as you are having at one time or another. Then you are gonna be the veteran giving someone just like you the very same advice. It will happen. Keep the faith.
    You are doing great. I am 7 months out and have lost 65 pounds. It may seem slow to others but it has been really nice and consistent. At first I was a little jealous of the huge losers but then realized we are all different I have been very very lucky and have not had any stalls I loose about 1.5 per week every week. So just try to remember to do, you! You will be shocked in 6 months how much you have lost and how consistency will pay off!
    Everyone is different. For example, I am 11 days post op. I need to lose between 60 and 70 pounds. I have only lost 7 pounds but I know that is still okay because I started with a lower BMI and I have always been a slow weight loser. So, I expected slow weight loss.

Be proud that it is coming off. After years of yo-yo dieting, I love that my scale is going down (not up!).