Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MegannsMom

Fruit Smoothies Only? Help Please

Rate this Entry
Okay, so I'm on day 7 of my 14 day pre-op diet. I never thought I would be jealous of those getting to have protein shakes, but I am lol. I have fruit smoothies, or milkshakes. That's IT. Fruit and Ice, or Milk and Ice. I'm not a milk drinker either, at all. I've looked everywhere on the liver reduction theories and I've not seen where anyone had to cut out their protein shakes and trade them for fruit. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, once you have the surgery, does this intense feeling of CRAP continue? I feel horrible. Headaches, blahs, no energy, low blood sugar, etc. Please tell me that is not how I'll feel afterwards.

I've lost 18 pounds, so that's great, but man it's a terrible feeling.

Submit "Fruit Smoothies Only? Help Please" to Digg Submit "Fruit Smoothies Only? Help Please" to del.icio.us Submit "Fruit Smoothies Only? Help Please" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fruit Smoothies Only? Help Please" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, my pre-op diet was to consist of as much protein as possible via protein shakes, drinks and bariatric meals that were high in protein. I was to eat 800-900 calories a day and at least 60 grams of protein. It sure sounds odd that you have been told to stop protein and eat fruit.

Incidentally, I was also advised to avoid milk and milk-based products during my 2 week post-op.
    I have found it rather odd myself. I'm having this done in Mexico so perhaps they view things differently as far as that goes. But, I'm miserable.
    Weird. Mine was also protein shakes. I was told to cut fruit out due to the natural sugars. Although, every pre/post op is different. It is way easier post op, though. Hang in there.
    Thanks Christie. I think I'm just in the pre-op panic phase today. I'm questioning everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegannsMom
    I have found it rather odd myself. I'm having this done in Mexico so perhaps they view things differently as far as that goes. But, I'm miserable.
    It doesn't have anything to do with Mexico. My sleeve was done in Mexico and my pre-op diet was two meals having a protein shake and one meal of 3oz of lean protein and veggies. lots of water for 3 days than two days of clear liquids. Each doctor is different on how they do things and Ive seen various's depending on the patient. This diet worked for me and my surgery went well. Best of luck to you.