Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MegannsMom

Day 6 Pre-Op Blahs

Rate this Entry
Day 6 of this pre-op diet. UGH. I'm so over it. I keep telling myself this is going to be well worth it. My friend who had surgery a few weeks ago is doing amazing and inspires me, most days. Today, I'm not feeling it. I leave for Tijuana next Wednesday morning....lord help me until then!

Submit "Day 6 Pre-Op Blahs" to Digg Submit "Day 6 Pre-Op Blahs" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 6 Pre-Op Blahs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 6 Pre-Op Blahs" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Megann's. I was where you are one week ago. I felt the same. I am not 6 day post -op and doing awesome. I will also add. I am 60 years old! I need to drop about 85-90 pounds. I packed 50 pounds on very fast over the past 3 years (them dam buffets when I live in Vegas)! Keep you eye on the prize. I have lost 25 now. I lost 13 pounds prior and 12 over the past week. Here is my advice to you. When I had my Surgery last Wednesday there was a young girl half my age that had the same procedure at the same time. Every time we walked around the floor we had to take a magnet shoe to place on our door for the Dr to see we are walking. I had 9 sneakers by the day after. She had 3. I never seen her walk the entire time. So WALK,WALK,WALK. I am doing fantastic and could ever go back to work tomorrow but, as my rewards, I am taking another week off! You go girl. You can do it!
    Thank you so much for the words of encouragement!! I intend to make the absolute most of this new life I'm working towards. But I am SO sick of fruit and ice today lol
    And CONGRATS!!! So happy and proud for you!
    You got this and it is SOOOOOO worth it. Post op is a lot easier because you won't be hungry. The first week post op is the hardest but it gets easier and easier every day. And when you see the pounds and inches falling off it is such a great feeling. Take progress pictures in a bikini or bra and panties. Then take measurements of chest, bicep, waist, thigh, calf, hips/butt. Take additional pics and measurements every 2 weeks. You will be so glad to have your journey chronicled. I did not take my progress pics until 3 days post op. I lost 20 lbs during my pre op. Wish I had taken and measured at my biggest but still love looking at my transformation. You will love looking at yours too! Also, when your weight stalls the inches keep moving and it is great to have that reassurance.
    Thanks for the encouragement Christie. It will all work itself out. I'm sure of it. I've come too far to chance it now. I just hate feeling so cruddy. I pray this isn't how I feel after surgery too!