Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Donna Rudewick

Crossfit Bootcamp

Rate this Entry
Well I got the first day of crossfit boot camp done and in the books. It was awesome and the most difficult and painful thing I have ever done. We started off with warm ups which was easy. I though hmmm, this ain't so bad. Then they give us the run down on the work out: 10 strict push-ups, 15 sit-ups, 20 squats with a 9lb kettle ball, 200 meter run. Do this as many times as you can for 60 min. I did 3 reps and thought I was gonna die!!
Just when I thought we were done at the end of 60 min. We had to do 5 planks holding for 30 sec. after the last one I thought they were gonna have to get a craine to get me on my feet. Once up I go to get my things to leave. There are 2 steps going down. Now anyone who exercises knows your legs are like jelly when you've pushed to your limit. So all I can say about those steps is thank god for hand rails!!
I went to step down and almost went all the way down!! I made it to my purse and turned to go and thought how in holy hell am I gonna get back up!?! I grabbed those hand rails for dear life and pulled my way up. As I was leaving the young instructor comes up to me and says you did great. By the end of the month you'll be running a mile.
I don't see that happening!! 200 meters almost killed me and I ran that 3 times!! Anyway all in all, I did it. I'm proud. And I gotta do it again Wednesday. PRAY!!!

Submit "Crossfit Bootcamp" to Digg Submit "Crossfit Bootcamp" to del.icio.us Submit "Crossfit Bootcamp" to StumbleUpon Submit "Crossfit Bootcamp" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay Donna!!! Proud of you!!!! Trust me, it'll get easier and you'll get addicted. Just make sure to stretch and have rest days. And Ben Gay if ya need to.
    Respect! You're have huge gonads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Yay Donna!!! Proud of you!!!! Trust me, it'll get easier and you'll get addicted. Just make sure to stretch and have rest days. And Ben Gay if ya need to.
    Right now I want a vat of Ben gay lol. It's even other day for the next 4 weeks with optional weekend classes. I certainly hope it gets easier cause today was no joke lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Respect! You're have huge gonads!
    Thanks Ann. I'm pretty proud of me to. Although I did question myself several times as to why I'm torturing myself this way lol. Still walking funny at the moment but it's all good!!
    That's awesome!! Have that young instructor help you with that BenGay
    Quote Originally Posted by turtleRose
    That's awesome!! Have that young instructor help you with that BenGay
    Lol if I was 20 years younger and single I sure would lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Right now I want a vat of Ben gay lol. It's even other day for the next 4 weeks with optional weekend classes. I certainly hope it gets easier cause today was no joke lol
    The first days are always the hardest...especially if you don't stretch and rest. I have no problems going to bed with Ben Gay on. My husband laughs and says it keeps his nasal passages clear! We tend to have Ben Gay nights because we are training for a half marathon.
    The first days are always the hardest...especially if you don't stretch and rest. I have no problems going to bed with Ben Gay on. My husband laughs and says it keeps his nasal passages clear! We tend to have Ben Gay nights because we are training for a half marathon.
    Lol on the nasal passages. You are a dynamo to be doing marathons!! To be honest I was so glad there was 1 other lady in my age group with about the same fitness level as me. Which is zilch btw. We exchanged phone numbers at the end of class cause we were both helping each other. It would have been so intimidating had I been the only almost 50 year old woman there. But every one was very nice which is really surprising. It's more like a family thing. I've been to gyms and never heard an encouraging word but this crossfit world of folks are just awesome.
    Hahaha. Half marathon. Only half crazy!!! I had a few months that I could not run due to vitamin D deficiency making my hips hurt. Now that I have that under control I am a running fool.
    Awesome work! Boot camp is not easy!
    Congrats!!! That's so impressive! Hope you're enjoying it!
    Quote Originally Posted by manzerick
    Awesome work! Boot camp is not easy!
    It's definitely not easy but so rewarding!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Congrats!!! That's so impressive! Hope you're enjoying it!
    Thank you! Can't say I'm enjoying it yet but hopefully that will come!
    Hahaha. Half marathon. Only half crazy!!! I had a few months that I could not run due to vitamin D deficiency making my hips hurt. Now that I have that under control I am a running fool.
    That's still awesome. I'm dying just running 200 meters lol
    Time to put up a new profile picture, I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    Time to put up a new profile picture, I think
    Lol Pam G. I haven't taken any good ones.