Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Training-Eating More-Too Thin

Rate this Entry
As many of you know, I am training to run a half marathon in December. So naturally the running is burning more calories. The thing is that I am trying very hard not to lose any additional weight. I have started to eat carbs again because I absolutely need them for running. I do like how much more toned I am looking but I do see my weight slowly but surely creeping down. I think the things that bother me are that my husband has made a comment that I need to eat more (which I do eat) because I am "too thin" and when I lay down I feel a lot of bones on my hips, ribs, collar, chest etc. I don't want to look too skinny. That is not healthy. I know that most of this is probably because of the running burning so many calories. So I am trying my hardest to get extra in while still making them quality but admittedly I have eaten some just flat out fat calories to help as well.
Back to weight, I had gained 2 lbs on my vacation in Italy but lost them within days of being back home. Since then I lost a 3 more lbs. While it doesn't sound like much, I have only been back for 3 weeks. I am not trying to scare anyone. I am sure I will get this under control. And I guess it is an easier problem to deal with then not being able to lose weight.
The running itself is going great. No more issues with my hips so far. I feel a lot stronger and leaner. I am hoping it continues to go this smoothly. I really enjoy running and am so glad that I am able to do it again. After the Rock and Roll half marathon in December I am going to start to actively participate in races again. When I was going through one of my "skinnier" (160 lbs) phases a few years ago I was doing tons of races and loved it. My favorite being the Tough Mudder. I am looking to get my husband into them as well. He has been running with me and is also going to be doing the half marathon with me. So hopefully I can get him hooked!
This weekend is "tax free weekend" in Texas for back to school shopping. So school supplies and clothes are all tax free. I went to get my oldest daughters school clothes last night. I got 5 jeans, 8 shirts, 1 sports bra, a sweater, and a make up vanity mirror for $153!! I had a $10 cash coupon for the store, bought stuff on sale, didn't pay sales tax and then got an additional 30% off the entire purchase because I applied for the store card and you get that off of your complete 1st purchase. So I got a wonderful deal. Just got to finish up some more things and she is all set for school. Teenagers are so freaking expensive. Three of those jeans were originally $50 a piece and the other 2 were $38 a piece.
Have a great weekend everyone! It is super hot here in Southern Texas...triple digits with high humidity. We have to do our runs at 6 in the morning for it to be bearable.

Submit "Training-Eating More-Too Thin" to Digg Submit "Training-Eating More-Too Thin" to del.icio.us Submit "Training-Eating More-Too Thin" to StumbleUpon Submit "Training-Eating More-Too Thin" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Who was it that said , "you can never be too thin, or too rich."? LOL

I wouldnt worry, because you're still in that honeymoon period of 18 months, right? All the studies show that we will gain at least a little bit back after a couple of years down the road.

it takes a couple of years to lose all tat weight, it'll take a couple more to gain some back. At least thats what the " studies" show.

you know what ive been doing lately? I ask people how much they weigh! Yip, I do. When i see a woman my ht, that looks like a normal or too thin wt, i ask. I have a skewed view of what "normal" looks like after a lifetime of telling myself that its ok to be a little "chunky". I do the same thing with models and actresses. I look up their ht/wt. I know what "too skinny" looks like for my ht and i am no where near it, but my husb and family are telling me not to lose any more wt. i feel bones when i lie down, too, but thats just gravity at work on my flabby stuff, lol.

do people think Taylor Swift is too skinny? She wrighs 130 ish.....i weigh 161. We're the same ht. I work with a girl that weighs 135. So, while i am def waaaaay thinner than i have ever been, i am def not "too thin". The actress that played wonder woman in the recent movie is an inch taller than me and weighs 128. She is "too thin" in my opinion, but doesnt look sickly either
    Christie, you're really short, right ... 4'11"? (Am I remembering that right?)

If your current sig block is right and you weigh 114 pounds (and you're really 4'11"), that's a BMI of 23.

I'm 5'5" and 135 pounds which is a BMI of 22.5. So if we're built alike (I'd say I'm a medium build) you are NOT too skinny.

I'm betting you're just getting used to what being normal weight looks like.

When I first got to 135 I thought I was skin and bones. A year and a half later I'm still 135 pounds and no longer think I'm skin and bones.
    Yep...I think those of us who have been fat for a great deal of our adult lives suffer from a little bit of body dysmorphia.

In no universe is 4'11" and 114 pounds considered too skinny. It's a sad sign of the times...since so many people in society are obese nowadays, we stick out like a sore thumb once we attain a normal body weight.

How many calories do you eat a day? I need about 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight of 118 pounds since I run 20 miles a week and do heavy weightlifting. Perhaps you may want to eat significantly more if you aren't already doing so.
    You guys are probably right. Years of all the excess fat has probably not made me a very good judge of correct body size. LOL.