Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jaylynn

Afraid to loose too much... ??

Rate this Entry
I am pre-op and will be ready soon for sleeve. I am 215 now down from 232 which i was six months ago when I started the 6mos nutritional log pre insurance. Did anyone ever worry they might loose too much weight? My goal is 150, Id really not like myself less than that, I dont like the way my body would appear too skinny for me below that weight, especially my face. Anyone, had same fear? Makes me second guess the surgery aolt???

Submit "Afraid to loose too much... ??" to Digg Submit "Afraid to loose too much... ??" to del.icio.us Submit "Afraid to loose too much... ??" to StumbleUpon Submit "Afraid to loose too much... ??" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Only time will tell. And it is not like you cannot gain weight with the sleeve. So if you like yourself not below a certain weight, then you can always eat a little more carbs to keep your weight up. I can say that I am so glad I did it!
    The majority of us don't lose too much, I can personally think of only 1 or 2 people on these boards who have had that problem, gotten seriously underweight. Most of us reach a healthy weight and stay there!
    I too keep "stressing" over the thought of losing too much but I have close to 100 to lose so don't think it's going to be a worry after it is all said and done. I think those of us who haven't had the procedure and are doing our homework wonder what is that level our bodies tells us that "this is enough", "this is your healthy weight". It's been so long since I have been there, I can't remember. It is good to know that you can always bump up your carbs to get what feels comfortable at the end if you feel unhealthy or too thin. The fear is the unknown - you can do this Jaylynn!
    Well I am 6 months post and I am down to 149 and I am kinda worried I will loose too much. I am still loosing about 1lb a week. I am hoping that I will stabilize soon.
    Oh, y'all are going to love it. This is not something you need to worry about.

Think of those new clothes!
    I lost too much. I became underweight. I was scared for a little while. I worried my head for nothing. My weight eventually stabilized, and now after 2 1/2 years I've gained a few pounds back. I didn't think I'd want to be "skinny" either, but I was wrong. I have become very comfortable with it, and really don't want to gain anymore weight.
    I would rather be too thin that the way I was... too fat. I already prepared my hubby that I may get a little skinny until my body finds its happy weight. It was stuck on a much, much higher number forever... it will take it a little bit to know what my best weight will be. I threw out the "perfect" number I had in my head.
    I lost too much in the beginning to the point that Family and Friends were so annoying telling me "your too skinny" "are you sick" blah, blah, blah. Now keep in mind that not everybody knows I had surgery so I'm sure when they saw me at my thinnest they really didn't know what happened. I'm 2 years and 5 months out and have gained back 15lbs. from my lowest of 128.5. I do look healthier because I am really big boned and that's all you saw was bones everywhere. The strangest thing is that lately I feel like a cow. It's amazing at how bloated and heavy I feel and that I've been saying I need to get 10lbs. off to feel normal again. I don't know it's just strange to me that I was so heavy at one point in my life and it felt normal and I'm so much thinner now and I feel huge all of the sudden. Either way the moral of the story is that normally if you get too thin within 2-3 years you will gain back some of your weight. It pretty much happens to everyone so don't sabotage yourself by overeating if you get too thin because chances are it won't last forever. Best of luck to you with your surgery and if it makes you feel any better it is still the best decision I ever could have made for myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by blondie11.11
    I too keep "stressing" over the thought of losing too much but I have close to 100 to lose so don't think it's going to be a worry after it is all said and done. I think those of us who haven't had the procedure and are doing our homework wonder what is that level our bodies tells us that "this is enough", "this is your healthy weight". It's been so long since I have been there, I can't remember. It is good to know that you can always bump up your carbs to get what feels comfortable at the end if you feel unhealthy or too thin. The fear is the unknown - you can do this Jaylynn!
    Thank you, the idea that I can eat more carbs when ready sounds good to me. All this information just helps reassure me that I am making the right decision. I do keep stressing the thought of me being underweight, I've been over weight my whole life so its a very scary thought...
    I def fear being boney or seeing bones popping around my neckline. Curvey girls are "in" these days, I'd hate the thought of loosing an hourglass shape to just flat!!!