Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurel2313

Stagnant weight loss

Rate this Entry
My surgery was on April 26, 2017 and I've lost 57 lbs. But now I'm stagnant for 2 weeks. Any suggestions or advise on how to "move the scale"? I'm a little frustrated and I'm not doing anything different. HELP!

Submit "Stagnant weight loss" to Digg Submit "Stagnant weight loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Stagnant weight loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stagnant weight loss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My suggestion would be have someone move your scale to where you can't find it. Stalls happen, and if you are still following all the "rules" you will be fine! (Scales can mess with your head.)
    Good luck!
    More activity and more protein. BUT it takes time, the stalls happen. Keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    My suggestion would be have someone move your scale to where you can't find it. Stalls happen, and if you are still following all the "rules" you will be fine! (Scales can mess with your head.)
    Good luck!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPlus
    More activity and more protein. BUT it takes time, the stalls happen. Keep going.
    Thanks! I've just joined a gym, hopefully that WILL help!!
    What are you eating and drinking?
    When we first start execising, we DO gain weight. It's temporary water weight, from water going to those little micro-tears in your muscles -- exercise tears down muscle and then builds up stronger muscle tissue.

But then in a few days, a week or even two weeks, that all settles down. A few years ago I decided to walk a lot farther regularly than I was walking. In one day I gained 3 pounds. And in the next 4 days I lost 4 pounds.

Congratulations. You're doing it all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    What are you eating and drinking?
    Breakfast-greek non-fat yogurt
    Lunch-protein (cottage cheese)
    Dinner-Chicken or fish & a veggie
    I might have a muscle milk in between meals but I don't snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    When we first start execising, we DO gain weight. It's temporary water weight, from water going to those little micro-tears in your muscles -- exercise tears down muscle and then builds up stronger muscle tissue.

But then in a few days, a week or even two weeks, that all settles down. A few years ago I decided to walk a lot farther regularly than I was walking. In one day I gained 3 pounds. And in the next 4 days I lost 4 pounds.

Congratulations. You're doing it all right.
    Thank you Ann2 for your support.
    Depending on how much you're exercising, you may not be eating enough. Try for 80 grams of protein and a least 64 oz of water
    I agree you may be eating too little. When ever I started to stall if I upped my intake I would start losing again. Take your measurements. Even when your weight is not moving, the inches can be coming off. And stop stressing! Stress can play horrible tricks on your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    Depending on how much you're exercising, you may not be eating enough. Try for 80 grams of protein and a least 64 oz of water
    Thank you for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I agree you may be eating too little. When ever I started to stall if I upped my intake I would start losing again. Take your measurements. Even when your weight is not moving, the inches can be coming off. And stop stressing! Stress can play horrible tricks on your body.
    Good advice!Thank you!
    Is there a post op diet on this page or any reccomendations for recipe books etc Many thanks