Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Fat Meme?-Short Hair Don't Care?-Thunder and lightning and rain OH MY!!

Rate this Entry
So I deleted my main before and after pictures. There are still ones in my blogs but not readily accessible ones on my profile now. I don't know why but I started getting paranoid that my pictures could be used for making a mean meme. I know the odds are probably low but...I just did not want to take that risk to end up that way. I was curious about the site security and tried to save someone else's picture to my computer. It allowed me to with no issues. (I deleted it right away.) So I changed to 2 random pics for my before and after. Mainly because mine were in a bra and panties in all my glory.
Today was a crazy day weather wise. I left home (at 630 am) and it was just a bit windy. About 2 minutes later it started pouring down rain with thunder and lightning. It began raining so hard I couldn't even see the lines on the road. It remained that way the rest of the ride to work and tons of water was already pooling up on the highway. So scary. I got to work and then my cell started beeping alerting for flash flood warnings. I got to the safety of work just in time. Turns out the storm was so crazy that 8 houses caught fire after being hit by lightning, roughly 25 people had to be rescued by the FD after they became stranded in flash floods, and there were a couple of power boxes that got hit by lightning and exploded. Many people were without power for a while. By the time I headed home (around 450 pm) it was sunny and mostly dried up. Talk about crazy weather.
I keep seeing some really cute shot hair cuts lately in magazines and online. I am seriously considering going for a shorter hair cut now that I have a petite face for it. I am debating because I can see perks for both.
I have been taking the collagen for a little over a week. I don't mind it. I can't really taste it. When I first mix it with the hot water (before I add my tea bag and sweetener) it does have an icky smell. Thankfully it doesn't taste like that...or maybe it does if it is not masked by my tea?! At any rate, it is too early to know if it is making a difference or not.
Weight is holding steady at 115.

Submit "Fat Meme?-Short Hair Don't Care?-Thunder and lightning and rain OH MY!!" to Digg Submit "Fat Meme?-Short Hair Don't Care?-Thunder and lightning and rain OH MY!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Fat Meme?-Short Hair Don't Care?-Thunder and lightning and rain OH MY!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fat Meme?-Short Hair Don't Care?-Thunder and lightning and rain OH MY!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've looked hard for any actual (non-anecdotal, non-marketing promo) research on collagen, which is the new "it" supplement. I haven't found any.

I also think it's smart to guard our online privacy.
    I know the collagen has been big for skin in Japan for a long time. (I lived there from 2008-2011.) And if nothing else it's an extra bit of protein. I'm willing to try it. I know some people think the biotin is a crock. But I started taking it before the hair loss started and it was completely making a difference in my hair. It looked thicker to the point that my best friend, who I saw daily, even noticed it. So I'm ok with giving it a go. I doubt anyone scouring for pictures will look in each blog so I feel ok with that. Too many meanies out there to leave it where it's easily accessible though.
    I just started taking biotin. Hope it works.. Feel like I am going BALD!
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    I just started taking biotin. Hope it works.. Feel like I am going BALD!
    It will help but it will still take time. I was taking 10,000 mcg 2X a day but now I am down to once a day.
    I think my privacy settings for picture albums are for "friends" all others cannot view. Folks who are browsing without actual log in have less access to members... but I am not a hacker so who knows if pics are safe from lurkers.

Regarding collagen protein, studies I have read said that collagen only proves effective after continuous prolonged use, and these studies were done on joint and bone health and muscle repair not necessarily skin.

As someone who is about to be 50 years old, I know that whatever youthful appearance I may have (left) has been because of decades of a meticulous skincare routine and eating healthy often enough. Just keep up with what you are doing to be healthy overall, even if you cannot see a difference, in ten years you will know.
    Oh also, I know most Americans do not consume all parts of animal, but organs, other body parts like turkey necks/wings, oxtail, pigs feet and most sausages made from those undesirable parts, also fish like sardines are rich in collagen protein have always been. Before I came to the States I was forced to eat all of the above, well because it was the "cheaper" meat, but now I am kinda glad heehee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I think my privacy settings for picture albums are for "friends" all others cannot view. Folks who are browsing without actual log in have less access to members... but I am not a hacker so who knows if pics are safe from lurkers.

Regarding collagen protein, studies I have read said that collagen only proves effective after continuous prolonged use, and these studies were done on joint and bone health and muscle repair not necessarily skin.

As someone who is about to be 50 years old, I know that whatever youthful appearance I may have (left) has been because of decades of a meticulous skincare routine and eating healthy often enough. Just keep up with what you are doing to be healthy overall, even if you cannot see a difference, in ten years you will know.
    I just went and adjusted my privacy settings!! Did not even think to check that. Only registered users.