Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

spyder

Coffee Blues

Rate this Entry
Coffee has tasted so gross since surgery (almost three weeks out). I wake up thinking about coffee, but the second I get a whiff of it, I just cringe. Has anyone else experienced this? I miss my morning coffee!

Submit "Coffee Blues" to Digg Submit "Coffee Blues" to del.icio.us Submit "Coffee Blues" to StumbleUpon Submit "Coffee Blues" to Google

Tags: coffee Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No, had my coffee from day one! (Just one cup way back then.) Tastes change for some people after surgery, but it often doesn't last.
    Not with coffee but I used to be addicted to diet dr. pepper and when I finally tasted some a few months post op I felt like it was freaking disgusting. To this day I can not drink it.
    Still struggle with black coffee after six months. I have gone to an iced coffee with some cream, this has become my morning staple. I still miss the smell and taste of hot black coffee, but make do with other coffee products. Small changes make big differences!
    I was told that I could not have coffee until week 4 but then I can only have decaf. Everything tastes a little "off" to me but lately I have been enjoying a cup of Hazelnut decaf (kcup) with some SF creamer and a splash of my chocolate premier protein drink LOL
    Me!! I loved 2 cups of coffee before, now it's like bitter and comes back with a lot of acid. I'm so sad, love the smell, crave a cup but can't have it. I've been drinking hot black caffeine tea with milk and Splenda. It gets me through but not the same. I hope it changes soon.
    I was hooked on coffee prior to surgery...

I resumed my coffee habit 2 months post-op and I'm even more hooked on it. Without 2 or 3 cups in the morning, my day doesn't go well.

Cross addiction, maybe?