Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WannaBeALoser

Starting to worry

Rate this Entry
My surgery is coming up this Thursday, August 10th, and I'm suddenly getting scared and having doubts that I can do this. I've worked towards this for almost a year now, and suddenly, I'm afraid I can't do it. I don't know where these thoughts are coming from.

Submit "Starting to worry" to Digg Submit "Starting to worry" to del.icio.us Submit "Starting to worry" to StumbleUpon Submit "Starting to worry" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Totally normal to be scared and worry if you will be successful. I seriously was skeptical that the sleeve would work for me. Here I am 9 months post op and 5 lbs below goal. I lost 72 lbs post op (and 20 lbs pre op). It is totally worth it!
    I know exactly what you are going through!! I just had my surgery 2 days ago and I was very scared and nervous about everything! I actually laid on the bed waiting to go into surgery thinking " what the heck am I doing?!" I finally decided that I would trust God to take care of me, trust my great doctor, trust my cyber friends here who told me it would all be OK and NOT a mistake, trust my family and their support. I kept thinking I didn't really need this surgery. Well, I do!! And so do you! Make a final decision that everything will be fine and repeat it out loud if you need to. I am already glad I did it! I wish you all the best! You really CAN do this! I'll be praying for you and will look for your posts afterwards. Be Brave! {{{HUGS}}} Mary
    I can't imagine there were many of us who weren't at all scared/worried/nervous before surgery. I know I was! Heck, it's an ELECTIVE surgery we are choosing. All I can tell you is it is the best thing I have done for myself in my life, and being a normal sized person is priceless. Best of luck to you!
    Congratulations on getting this far! You are at the 2 yard line, punch it in for the score!! You won't regret it. I am 6 months post op, down 86 pounds and my only regret is not doing it 3 years ago! Best of luck with your journey.

Regards,

Tommy
    Congratulations on getting this far! You are at the 2 yard line, punch it in for the score!! You won't regret it. I am 6 months post op, down 86 pounds and my only regret is not doing it 3 years ago! Best of luck with your journey.

Regards,

Tommy
    What are you the most afraid of? I am not meaning to minimize your fear... but you have worked so hard to get where you are now. Are you afraid you can't do it? You can and initially your sleeve does most of the work. You just have to sip, sip, sip and follow your doctors orders. Are you afraid of regaining your life back? I promise you it is wonderful!!!! I could go on and on... because my life has totally changed and I am only 5 weeks out and 32 pounds down from my highest weight. You got this girl!!!!!!! (BIG HUGS) Chin up and push through to goal!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
    My surgery is on the 10th also! I'm nervous also but we can do this!! It was quite a process and a long road to get to this point. We needed and wanted this surgery for a reason. Lets stay positive and strong. We are going to do this and be so happy we did. Just a few more days! Good luck on your journey!
    You know what helped me? I found a gorgeous victorian skirt that I want to wear and I'd just stare at it. ;-) Also, I made a list of reasons why I was doing the surgery. In the end, being healthy and getting off medication and being around a long time to be with my family was worth it. You can do this!