Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

2 days out update

Rate this Entry
Hi friends!
Well, I wanted to tell you all how well I am doing! I had my surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital by Dr. Richard Borse and it couldn't have gone any better! All the nurses were so kind and understanding. They helped me relax during the pre-op phase from 5 to 7:30 am which is when I had to be there and what time the surgery was (I was first one of the day). I just kept thinking of how everyone here and the 4 people I know kept saying that it was the best thing they ever did. I trusted you and them and went through with it! A couple of times I thought to myself " that is too drastic, surely you don't need SURGERY to get healthy and lose the weight". I am glad I didn't give in to my fear and doubt and had faith that all would be OK and I would be one of those people saying it was the best decision I ever made! For anyone on the fence or scared beyond words my advice to you would be find a reputable Dr. With a great record and just GO FOR IT! I didn't have my hubby's support at first because he too, thought it was too "drastic". He came around and is now 100 percent on board! My grown children always were supportive. If you don't have support at home go out and find some! That is the reason I came to this group! I will always be grateful to this site and all the info posted. 100x "Thank you!"
The discomfort I feel is quite manageable and I am sipping away and getting my fluids in. No nausea or vomiting. I took took big of sips at first and felt tightness in my chest but it went away quickly. That's it! One side note. I may have gotten a vaginal yeast infection from the antibiotics they gave me pre-op. No biggie! I always get them when I have to take antibiotics. I will call the office tomorrow for a script for Diflucan. Thanks for being there for me & listening to me and answering my questions. I will surely pay it forward. Bless you all.
Mary

Submit "2 days out update" to Digg Submit "2 days out update" to del.icio.us Submit "2 days out update" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 days out update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Mary congrats!!! So glad to hear that everything is going so well. It is going to be an amazing journey. I'm sorry to hear about the infection. I got thrush from being on the liquid diet!! My surgeon was thinking it was odd but I had actually read about others who go thrush doing the pre op as well. I am so happy for you and ready to cheer you on along the way!
    Congrats and good luck on your journey. I have surgery in 3 days and this post puts me a little more at ease.
    I'm so glad to hear you decided to overcome those doubts and fears. It's a step of faith. I think of that scene in Indiana Jones when he had to take a step off the cliff believing there will be something under his feet when he steps down.

Very happy you aren't having to battle nausea or extreme uncomfortableness. The infection sucks, but it sounds like you got that covered. Happy recovering--Congrats! ;-)