Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon

Rate this Entry
I can't believe it has already been 9 months since surgery. It has been a fantastic journey and I cannot say stress enough how this has been the best decision for me. I am sooooooo happy I did this. I am thankful for my sleeve, my wonderfully skilled surgeon, the amazing support staff at both my surgeon and PCP's office, and all of you wonderful friends on this forum. My sleeve journey has truly been like a fairytale. I am looking and feeling like a million bucks.
So I am now 5 lbs below my goal. As I have stated before...I chose my goal at a higher "normal" range BMI. I did not know if I would be successful at reaching it. I was pretty much scared to have a goal that I would fail in reaching. And even though I saw my sister succeed through this process, I was still skeptical that it would work for me. Like....nervous as hell that I would fail miserably. I lost weight slow and steady but my emphasis is on steady. I have no idea when my weight loss will stop. I have actively began to add carbs back into my diet. Not a lot, but I do have them now. I try to make them healthy carbs, though.
We took family pictures. I was so happy with the way they came out. It is such a great feeling to like the way you look in your pictures. It has been so long. We took family pictures about 3 1/2 weeks post op. I had already lost 20 lbs pre op and probably about 10 or so post op. I felt pretty good in those pictures. Fast forward 8 months since those pictures and the transformation is amazing. Holy sleeve batman! That rocks!!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov16.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	26944
This is my hubby and I from the end of November 2016.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P15.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	26943
Family picture from end of July 2017.

So the exciting news on the health front is my husband and I have dedicated ourselves to a half marathon. It is the San Antonio Rock and Roll half marathon that is being held December 2nd. We already paid. It wasn't cheap. My husband joked that we paid $100 each to torture ourselves with 13.1 miles when we can do that for free. I joked back that if we did it ourselves for free we wouldn't get a t-shirt or cool medal to brag to our friends with. LOL. I am glad to have that commitment set in stone. Some of you may remember that it was one of my fitness goals to complete half marathon by December and this is the one I had in my mind since I have 3 friends who do it.

Also since it is Throwback Thursday I am attaching a big picture.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	26945  

Submit "9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon" to Digg Submit "9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon" to del.icio.us Submit "9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon" to StumbleUpon Submit "9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Christie you are adorable and I love your posts and blogs so much!!!! It is inspiring to see your transformation. Thank you for all the advise and support you provide to everyone along the way too!!!! You are ROCKING IT GIRL!!!!!! (Big HUGS) xoxoxoxo
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! you are an inspiration!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Christie you are adorable and I love your posts and blogs so much!!!! It is inspiring to see your transformation. Thank you for all the advise and support you provide to everyone along the way too!!!! You are ROCKING IT GIRL!!!!!! (Big HUGS) xoxoxoxo
    Thanks so much Gigi! This forum has really helped me because people who have not been through it can't really understand and probably get tired of hearing us talk about it. Big hugs back at ya! xoxoxoxox
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI118
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! you are an inspiration!
    Thank you. Congrats on your surgery!!
    You have done fantastic! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and the upcoming Rock n Roll marathon. (My sister does these). Love your pictures!
    Gosh, Christie -- you're such a tornado of energy!

What a great role model you've become. I love all your posts here and how supportive you are to all.

You and your hubby will rock the half-marathon. Respect!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    You have done fantastic! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, and the upcoming Rock n Roll marathon. (My sister does these). Love your pictures!
    Thanks Lori!! I am soooooo excited about it. It has been my goal but having actually paid our registration has made it real. YAY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Gosh, Christie -- you're such a tornado of energy!

What a great role model you've become. I love all your posts here and how supportive you are to all.

You and your hubby will rock the half-marathon. Respect!
    Thanks Ann!! I had some pretty great role models on here like YOU! Absolutely love your advice and straight shooting! As for the marathon, that is my next big post sleeve goal and am SOOOOO excited about it!!