Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

-29.4 and Feeling GREAT!

Rate this Entry
Good morning fellow "Sleevers" Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Just checking in, it has been awhile since I posted.

So far, I have been doing really well with my diet. I am struggling to get fluids in and work on this every day. I think I need to get one of those hats that people put beer cans in each side and have a straw that hangs down so that they can drink on the "go" LOL... of course I would have water!! I just get busy and the "sip, sip, sip from the beginning goes out the window. I know it is so important, I will find the balance and get it in.

I am down just shy of 30 lbs. at 4 weeks post-op. I love how I feel and it is incredible that things are fitting so loosely on me now. I got a dress on-line, and while it is too short for a grannie LOL... I could not believe that it actually fit me! I am going to add a layer of soft lace to the inside lining to make it a little more age appropriate but LOVE IT. (excuse the hair and no make up...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-30.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	26935

Last night I made a pretty tasty dish. I took ground turkey and added an egg and just a little bit of oatmeal. I put a small amount of the turkey mix into lined muffin tins. Then I added a dollop of ricotta cheese. Next another layer of the turkey mix. I topped with a teaspoon of spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. I baked for about 25 minutes on 400 degrees.

When I took it out. I added some more sauce and cheese and baked a few more minutes. It was really good!!! (...and I am not a big cook) I loved that it provided just the right portion and I have a bunch to heat up for future lunches/dinners. I also made some green beans. This is my first week adding more "normal" foods and so far, so good.

Here's wishing you all continued success and happiness!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Submit "-29.4 and Feeling GREAT!" to Digg Submit "-29.4 and Feeling GREAT!" to del.icio.us Submit "-29.4 and Feeling GREAT!" to StumbleUpon Submit "-29.4 and Feeling GREAT!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi gigi, just wondering how you and your weight loss is going ?
    So far... so good Have you gotten your approvals and surgery date yet Blinky?
    Keep up the good work...'Onederland' will be here before you know it.
    Gigi you look adorable in that dress. I don't think it is too short. You look wonderful. You lost 30 lbs in a month?! That is freaking AWESOME!!!
    Gigi, I am very conscious of dressing age-appropriate (I am 62) and I do NOT think that dress to too short! I'm going to try your recipe
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    Keep up the good work...'Onederland' will be here before you know it.
    Thank you!!!! I know I will burst out crying when I finally see 199 on my scale!!! It's an emotional journey. I feel like my avatar,,, peeling back layers and finding myself again. It's really been life changing for me and I am only a month out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Gigi you look adorable in that dress. I don't think it is too short. You look wonderful. You lost 30 lbs in a month?! That is freaking AWESOME!!!
    Thank you Christie!!! It was the 1st thing I bought post-sleeve ... Just a cheaply dress in a "normal" size and OMG it fit!! I may just get a little sun on my legs and go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Thank you!!!! I know I will burst out crying when I finally see 199 on my scale!!! It's an emotional journey. I feel like my avatar,,, peeling back layers and finding myself again. It's really been life changing for me and I am only a month out.
    Thanks Jamma ( hugs). I think I am going for it lol

Did you try the recipe? It is really good and pre portioned.
    congrats to you GigiUSA. and that dress looks great on you just as it is. keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    congrats to you GigiUSA. and that dress looks great on you just as it is. keep up the good work
    Thank you Martini xo I could not be happier with my new sleeved stomach. Every day I feel more and more like my old self. How are you doing? xo
    The dress looks great on you! Sounds like you're doing great!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfulinhope
    The dress looks great on you! Sounds like you're doing great!!!!
    Hi Joy!!!! How are you? I am doing great. Just learning life with my new tummy and loving the changes in my body xoxoxo