Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Back to the Grind-Same ol' Same ol'-Underwires-How low do they go?

Rate this Entry
Happy to report that I am already back down to my pre vacation weight of 117!! So that little gain did not last when I went back to my regular eating.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	117.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	26930
So everything is going well. I am really, really starting to prefer to wear skirts now. Even at work. Today I wore a skirt and wedges and felt amazing. I used to only wear jeans to work for comfort but now I feel comfortable in just about anything. I kinda felt like Pretty Woman in my outfit...minus the prostitute part. LOL.
I keep reading about the benefits of collagen powder. I hear it is supposed to help with the saggy skin post weight loss. So last night I took the plunge and ordered some off Amazon. (I am a freaking Amazon Prime addict.) It gets here on Thursday so Friday I will add it to my regimen and see if it really makes a difference or not. I have already seen much improvement with making sure I am using lotion all over my body 2X per day. I can tell a difference. If I can get just some additional improvement from the collagen I think I will be just fine with no need for skin removal. I am still thinking about a possible breast implant but not sure.
On the breast note, I ordered some non under wire bras. Now that my boobs are smaller I think I can get away with them. When I was home I visited with a dear friend from HS who has breast cancer and has been going through treatment for the past year. She was talking about how the doctors told her that the underwires in bras cause cancer. (My mom {who passed away from breast cancer that had spread} was told the same thing.) With my family history of breast cancer and seeing what my friend was going through I decided it was for the best for me to order them. I also ordered them for my daughter. No point in taking chances. Although at my previous breast size there is no way I could have gotten away with no underwires. I had some seriously heavy boobs. Now...they're kinda sad little things but I am kinda ok with that. LOL. Small (pun intended) price to pay for bringing all this sexy back!
Going back to work after vacation was less traumatic than I anticipated. LOL. I got back to the grind with no issues. I was actually happy to see all my work friends, show off my vacation pictures, and just catch up. Had coffee with my favorite work buddy who now works in another department. We still try to meet up at least once a week to stay in touch. I caught him just in time before he takes his family to Florida on a vacation for a week and a half.
Hope you are all having a fabulous week in sleeve world. Big old hugs!!

Submit "Back to the Grind-Same ol' Same ol'-Underwires-How low do they go?" to Digg Submit "Back to the Grind-Same ol' Same ol'-Underwires-How low do they go?" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to the Grind-Same ol' Same ol'-Underwires-How low do they go?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to the Grind-Same ol' Same ol'-Underwires-How low do they go?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Komen Foundation reports that research finds NO connection between underwire bras and cancer.

https://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/F...reaseRisk.html
    Hey Christie! That's awesome that your body bounced right back! That's some great metabolism you got going there!

I've never heard about the connection between breast cancer and underwire bras. I am one too with heavy top issues so I mostly have worn underwire bras. Since my 20's I have special ordered my bras made in Mexico and they have helped with my back problems as well as keeping my breasts in place. They do not have underwire, but have a super firm under breast band.

Regarding collagen, I recommend Vital Proteins, I did extensive research on collagen preop after I had read some where that collagen protein was like eating junk, which is false. The research I found was that unlike isolate or casein Protein which help build or restore muscle tissue immediately, collagen works in the long run. The study showed that skin as well as bone joints showed improvement after 6 months or longer of continued use. I may have saved study, but I dont have my laptop so I cannot reference it.

I recently started using the Bulletproof Collagen when I started making the Bulletproof Coffee. I love it. But try the Vital Protein as well, it comes in a variety of forms from broths, to protein shakes, to gelatins... Great stuff!!!

Keep the course my friend! You are an inspiration!

Xoxoxo
    Very encouraging to know that the weight will come off and can be kept off!

You don't have to have an underwire if you are small busted (c/d cup or less). But that underwire causes breast cancer rumor has long been found to be false. Sad if doctors don't keep up with research and are basically spreading rumors.
    They have now found more genetic data to suggest family correlation (family history of breast cancer and ovarian cancer), and of course environment like smoking.
    My shoulder and neck where killing me for years because i couldn't find bra's my size. Luckily, I sew, so I sew my own bras because people told me about brands that actually go up as high as i need and the bras are starting 90 dollars and up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Komen Foundation reports that research finds NO connection between underwire bras and cancer.

https://ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/F...reaseRisk.html
    Meh. I am ok giving up the underwire with my smaller boobies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Hey Christie! That's awesome that your body bounced right back! That's some great metabolism you got going there!

I've never heard about the connection between breast cancer and underwire bras. I am one too with heavy top issues so I mostly have worn underwire bras. Since my 20's I have special ordered my bras made in Mexico and they have helped with my back problems as well as keeping my breasts in place. They do not have underwire, but have a super firm under breast band.

Regarding collagen, I recommend Vital Proteins, I did extensive research on collagen preop after I had read some where that collagen protein was like eating junk, which is false. The research I found was that unlike isolate or casein Protein which help build or restore muscle tissue immediately, collagen works in the long run. The study showed that skin as well as bone joints showed improvement after 6 months or longer of continued use. I may have saved study, but I dont have my laptop so I cannot reference it.

I recently started using the Bulletproof Collagen when I started making the Bulletproof Coffee. I love it. But try the Vital Protein as well, it comes in a variety of forms from broths, to protein shakes, to gelatins... Great stuff!!!

Keep the course my friend! You are an inspiration!

Xoxoxo
    I almost bought the Vital Proteins but ended up with the one that I texted you because it had equally high reviews and was on sale. Also, in comparing the containers, they are pretty comparable. I tried it in coffee and it was not bad. So, I will keep adding it daily and see how things go.
    I was amazed that the lbs went down so quickly. I have also lost another since I have been back. I actually have upped my caloric intake since I have been so active. I think that has helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JdoesIt
    Very encouraging to know that the weight will come off and can be kept off!

You don't have to have an underwire if you are small busted (c/d cup or less). But that underwire causes breast cancer rumor has long been found to be false. Sad if doctors don't keep up with research and are basically spreading rumors.
    They have now found more genetic data to suggest family correlation (family history of breast cancer and ovarian cancer), and of course environment like smoking.
    My shoulder and neck where killing me for years because i couldn't find bra's my size. Luckily, I sew, so I sew my own bras because people told me about brands that actually go up as high as i need and the bras are starting 90 dollars and up.
    I used to have 34 DD or sometimes DDD depending on the bra. Now I am a full C or small D. Definitely much smaller. I don't mind though. I used to have to wear 2 very tight sports bras to exercise in but now I can wear one and I am fine. That is such a great NSV.
    I am so happy with the way my body has responded to my sleeve. I am actually to a point now where I need more calories to maintain or lose weight.