Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nydia119

Back to Basics... and validation

Rate this Entry
Hey hey peeps, I wasn't sure what back to basic meant but I sort of figured it out.... and I would have to say my way of eating is back on track ever since I started dedicating myself to the gym again... hitting the gym six times a week and I'm feeling great again... it's helped me suppress my late night cravings for carbs and sugars, I don't hit my calorie intake as much anymore and I even dropped the 5 pounds I had gained. I wish it was more weight loss cause it's been three weeks of hard core dieting and working out but hey my body feels amazing and my family hasn't seen me in a while and couldn't stop telling me how great and how much thinner I look this weekend. Exact comments "how much toner I'm looking!" That's exactly what I needed to hear... we of course don't see it but when we hear the validation it gives us the needed boost to continue on harder. Super excited to keep the ball rolling with back to basics... my protein is priority and it keeps me full so much longer, and water..water..water.. and less coffee has made a difference. My bowels are moving! Hahha. Still addicted to Starbucks unfortunately slowly trying to stay away... my wallet is crying for me to stop hahah... Again thanks everyone for the love and support.

Submit "Back to Basics... and validation" to Digg Submit "Back to Basics... and validation" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to Basics... and validation" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to Basics... and validation" to Google

Comments

I have posted these affirmations on my fridge to help me stay the course:

Often times when I get discouraged I forget that I am not alone and have an amazing built in tool to not let food control my life.

1. Use built-in portion control
    2. Eat on schedule
    3. Eat with Intention and not mindlessly
    4. Enjoy every bite
    5. If hunger/eating urges occur ask yourself when you ate last, have water or unsweetened tea or coffee
    6. Find a distraction
    7. Stay active, keep body moving
    8. Make time for self-care
    9. Take multivitamins with breakfast and probiotic supplements before lunch, and calcium before bed
    10. Look in the mirror at least twice a day and SMILE!

About Starbucks coffee... oh boy! I hear ya! I actually have cut my spending to almost zilch when I'm home. Also, I discovered Bulletproof Coffee which I make at home and believe me when I tell you my one cup a day has removed all coffee cravings and has helped me with night hunger. You should read up on it.
    Yay!!! Congrats on your success. You are absolutely spot on. When we get validation for our hard work it is so worth while. Keep on keeping on. You totally got this.