Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

I'm back!-Gelato Every Day-Awesome Vacation

Rate this Entry
So I had a fantastic vacation!! It was a lot of fun and a lot of food....well a lot for me. So the interesting thing is that I did not weigh myself for a full 2 1/2 weeks as I did not have access to a scale on my vacation. For whatever reason, my dad no longer had a scale in the house. At first, I was kind of freaking out about not having a scale. But I did try to pay attention to what my body looked like and how my shorts fit.
I ate anything and everything I wanted. After all, I was on vacation and was not going to have access to a lot of that food once I was gone. Especially Italian pastries and real gelato. I had either one, the other, or both daily while in Italy. I am not exaggerating. I did not feel guilty or freak out. Granted, I was eating them in a lot smaller quantities. I was able to eat a full scoop of gelato. It is fresh and made with real ingredients so it is less calories and fat than American ice cream.
I took full advantage of the beautiful hills in my area to exercise every day. Sometimes I did it twice a day. I averaged 5-8 miles daily with my workouts. And I did them with my husband so they were extra special. We often went very early and got to enjoy the sunrise. When I get a chance to upload some pictures I will.
I only got to go to the beach one day for a few hours. There was just so much to try to pack in that I had to prioritize. I did feel like a freaking hottie in my swimsuit. Posted a ton of pictures on Facebook with all of us (even from the beach) without having to avoid the pictures of me. The vacation was truly dreamy and I treasure the fact that there are tons of pictures of me and I feel beautiful! Such an amazing feeling.
I mailed a ton of spices and seasonings home to myself so that I have them for when I cook Italian food. And also mailed a bunch of snacks my kids like. By the end of the trip, I was sad thinking I had not done enough even though we were non stop busy everyday. I guess it is just knowing it is probably going to be a long while before I go back.
The wedding was beautiful. I like my new step mom and step brothers. The only hard thing was that the wedding had like 9 courses and I had to take at least a bite or two and it was hard to play it off because it was a formal sit down dinner. Luckily I was flanked by my husband and sister so it did provide some shelter from people looking at what I was eating and I could blame some on jetlag (which I did not have but faked to show face-LOL).
I did have a terrible time with constipation on the trip. Worse than normal. I am assuming it was the traveling and also the change in eating habits. Even with stool softeners I did not go for 8 days. Finally bought some suppositories. Helped some. Ironically I was able to go once I got home....but probably because my body needed to very badly. Ugh. I will be so glad when the constipation eases up. My one nemesis of the sleeve. Even with all the constipation issues and "overeating" I was only 2 lbs heavier after my 2 1/2 week vacation. I call that a win. I am positive that my weight will go back down within the week. No doubts whatsoever.
I am attaching a pic from the beach and one from the day of the wedding.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	535.0 KB 
ID:	26920
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedding.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	551.4 KB 
ID:	26921

Submit "I'm back!-Gelato Every Day-Awesome Vacation" to Digg Submit "I'm back!-Gelato Every Day-Awesome Vacation" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm back!-Gelato Every Day-Awesome Vacation" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm back!-Gelato Every Day-Awesome Vacation" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Christy -- congratulations on living life and loving it. Your pix are really lovely -- and you are a hottie.
    Great to have you back! You look fabulous!

Keep the course!!!

Xoxoxo
    You look fantastic! Such an exciting feeling knowing how hard you worked for your new YOU! (At least, that's how I feel.)
    My sister is in Italy now... been there a month and coming home next week. She has been running in the countryside every morning with her husband. (Her son is stationed over there.) I get daily pictures of all the GREAT gelato and pizza and everything else they eat, that looks delicious!
    You are an inspiration!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christy -- congratulations on living life and loving it. Your pix are really lovely -- and you are a hottie.
    Thanks so much Ann! I really am loving my new sleeve life. Isn't life grand??
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Great to have you back! You look fabulous!

Keep the course!!!

Xoxoxo
    Thanks Shirl! I missed everyone. I only got on here a few times. I live at the base of the Dolomites and the internet was super slow at times. I am happy to report I have already lost 1 of the 2 lbs I gained on vacation!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    You look fantastic! Such an exciting feeling knowing how hard you worked for your new YOU! (At least, that's how I feel.)
    My sister is in Italy now... been there a month and coming home next week. She has been running in the countryside every morning with her husband. (Her son is stationed over there.) I get daily pictures of all the GREAT gelato and pizza and everything else they eat, that looks delicious!
    Where is he stationed? I was in the Aviano area. (Big air base. My mother was from there.) I loved working out there. So different than here in Texas. It is absolutely breathtaking scenery...although sometimes unpleasant smells as there are lots of farms in my area.

I was so happy to eat the food and know that due to my sleeve I was not eating enough for a family of 4. LOL. I used to easily eat 3-4 scoops of gelato in a cone. I was only eating 1 in a cup. Only one time did have 2 and I regretted it.
    Welcome back! I'm happy that you had a wonderful time in Italy!

I also have been carrying my spices and goodies from home for the past 15 years. Usually at least half a suitcase is dedicated to those, except for the past three year I come home with one full of basics!! lentils, split peas, broth in cube, protein powder etc...

Your photos are so great! it will be such nice souvenirs to cherish until you go back!

And don't even worry about those two pounds, that's probably water retention from the plane!

big hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI118
    You are an inspiration!!!!!!
    Thank you so much! Never imagined I would be so successful. I honestly worried that I would be the one person the sleeve would not work for. I just followed the rules and kept plugging along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Welcome back! I'm happy that you had a wonderful time in Italy!

I also have been carrying my spices and goodies from home for the past 15 years. Usually at least half a suitcase is dedicated to those, except for the past three year I come home with one full of basics!! lentils, split peas, broth in cube, protein powder etc...

Your photos are so great! it will be such nice souvenirs to cherish until you go back!

And don't even worry about those two pounds, that's probably water retention from the plane!

big hugs!
    Thanks Sandra! I have so many wonderful pics and am so glad I am not ashamed of the pictures of me like I used to be. And you are probably right about the 2 lbs. I have lost 1 of them already. I only brought 1 pack of seasoning back with me but mailed the rest. I will be making my son a lasagna today. He is only here visiting until Saturday. (He got here on the 4th and went to Italy with us. He is in University so I miss him when he is gone.)
    I took today off because I wanted to be rested from the trip. My husband went back today. I have several things to do today but had got all my unpacking done yesterday. I loved my vacation but glad to get back to my normal routine. I will only really miss the days that my hubby and I spent there since they were full of exercise, fun, and relaxation. We did not watch TV at all when we were there. It was just all so different than day to day life.
    Sounds like you had a marvelous time. So glad you could relax and really enjoy your vacation. Those pictures are amazing! Love reading about your successes.
    Christie you look amazing! I hope to be as confident as you in a two piece one day! So happy you had a fabulous time on vacation. You are an inspiration to us all newbies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Where is he stationed? I was in the Aviano area. (Big air base. My mother was from there.) I loved working out there. So different than here in Texas. It is absolutely breathtaking scenery...although sometimes unpleasant smells as there are lots of farms in my area.

I was so happy to eat the food and know that due to my sleeve I was not eating enough for a family of 4. LOL. I used to easily eat 3-4 scoops of gelato in a cone. I was only eating 1 in a cup. Only one time did have 2 and I regretted it.
    My nephew and wife and 2 small kidlets live in Vicenza, off base. I beleive he is with the 2D Battalion Airborne. He stays busy, but his wife is VERY homesick, and when my sister leaves to come back home I think it's going to be REALLY hard on Em. The food pictures my sister posts daily look DELICIOUS but I couldn't eat a fraction of what they are eating over there right now! She took a picture and posted this last week"Baccalá-- seriously the best thing I've eaten in Italy." It did look interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda51
    Sounds like you had a marvelous time. So glad you could relax and really enjoy your vacation. Those pictures are amazing! Love reading about your successes.
    Thanks Linda!! I had such a great time and am so happy I was able to eat and not gain much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    Christie you look amazing! I hope to be as confident as you in a two piece one day! So happy you had a fabulous time on vacation. You are an inspiration to us all newbies!
    Thank you Cody. It is hard to see in the pictures but I do have hangy skin. But it is still 1000 times better than the fat that it used to encase. At first I was self conscious about it but then started to embrace it. I have worked hard on hydrating inside and out (with lotion) and also toning exercises. I can see the skin is starting to look more firm slowly but surely. I am very happy with my sleeved life. It is everything I dreamed and more. You will be hitting your goals one day too. Just follow the plan and work your sleeve.
    Lori---(For some reason it won't put your text in here to show I am replying to you) I lived in Vicenza for a few years back in the early 2000's. (They were also our rivals in HS since they are only about 1 1/2 hours from Aviano. ) It is a hard adjustment for Americans to be overseas sometimes. It is easier when they get out and try new things. Has she joined a spouse's group??
    She has NEVER joined the group's where they've been stationed (which have only been Texas and Oklahoma). Italy is very hard on her apparently. I would be joining any group I could find, just to have someone to make friends with.

My sister says its beautiful where they live. Just gorgeous scenery (compared to Las Vegas, anyplace with greenery is a joy!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    She has NEVER joined the group's where they've been stationed (which have only been Texas and Oklahoma). Italy is very hard on her apparently. I would be joining any group I could find, just to have someone to make friends with.

My sister says its beautiful where they live. Just gorgeous scenery (compared to Las Vegas, anyplace with greenery is a joy!)
    It is beautiful. I lived there. There is a lot of fun stuff to do. She just needs to immerse herself into the community. There are lots of groups and once she knows people and does stuff she will love it.
    You look amazing! How did you lose all that weight without any saggy skin? (Maybe because I'm 60 and you're not?!?) I look good in a 1 piece, but could never wear a bikini.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You look amazing! How did you lose all that weight without any saggy skin? (Maybe because I'm 60 and you're not?!?) I look good in a 1 piece, but could never wear a bikini.
    Probably a lot is genetics?! Italians have good skin. I also think because of the exercise and supplements. (I take all my vitamins and also biotin.) Make sure I hydrate internally with water and externally with Moroccan oil lotion 2X a day. (Dr. A had a video saying that makes a big difference.) And I am only 43 (44 next month) so that helps as well. But thank you!!
    I've been thinking how your trip went! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Looking wonderful!!!