Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MsLaurie65

From blah to YEAH!!!

Rate this Entry
Good Morning, Haven't been on much but really trying to get this tool to work with my mind. I can finally say it's coming together slowly but surely! I weighed myself outside the drs off this morning-208! Wow, haven't seen that in a long time. I look at my picture, I must change it to show progress but every pic I take just don't do it for me just yet! This journey is a process, it must be taken slowly and it seems as if my WLS brothers and sisters are in a race to get to their goal weight as soon as they come out of surgery. I don't understand it, but it's them. This thing takes time, it didn't take 1 day to add the weight, it's not going to take 1 day to shed it. I didn't gain ALL my weight by eating, but the majority came from steroids shots to the spine, meds, and then constantly eating junk and not real food. I couldn't exercise, or should I say I wouldn't exercise because of arthritis pain and nerve pain in my lower back. But today I say, I am able to move a little easier without a lot of pain. I actually got up Thursday about 2:00 pm, hot outside and went for a 30-minute walk. Yep, I shocked my body into walking in the hot of the day. My body wasn't happy, it began to feel the heat of the asphalt beneath my feet-through my sneakers. And every step said, "please lady turn around, let's go home!" But I endured and shocked my body into walking. Now I get up and go do some type of exercise every day, ok it only been a couple of days. But if I am to meet my weight goal, have a healthy heart, and live a long loving life, I must do what I have to do! No turning back now. I have a 1month grandson to go with the 9-year-old grandson that will need their grandmother, and I must do what I can possibly do to be there for them. My self-esteem has always been an issue, but I can say today I felt my self-esteem jump a few notches higher. I haven't been shopping for any clothes because I didn't want to disappoint myself, but I am almost ready to do a little shopping to celebrate my advancements.
This is just a little note to help myself and maybe someone else along the journey! "Don't watch the scale more than you watch your life that is being lived out in front of you!"

Submit "From blah to YEAH!!!" to Digg Submit "From blah to YEAH!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "From blah to YEAH!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "From blah to YEAH!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good note to yourself -- and others. Congrats on your progress.
    Great advice and just what I needed today. Congratulations on your progress and dedication!
    Thanks for sharing. You are on your way to living life to the fullest for your loved ones! Congrats on your resolve to be the best you possible!
    I was sleeved on May 30, 2017 and I'm feeling BLAH! Thanks for sharing! I guess there's hope for me after all!!
    Good for you MsLaurie!!!! You are doing fantastic and looking good. Thank you for the great advice, it is easy to let your focus land on things that are not important. xoxoxo
    That's everyone!