Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

July 20, 2017

Rate this Entry
Well! The endoscopy was very easy! Everyone was so nice and reassuring. I told them I was nervous and they really helped me relax and it was over in no time at all. The whole tube down my throat thing really freaked me out but, I didn't even know they did It! Preoperative testing was on Monday and that went well. Chest x-ray, EKG, blood work, and talked to the anesthesia person. They asked lots of questions about my general health and looked through
in my mouth. Told me about not eating or drinking after midnight and which medo to take in the morning. Today I had my final Dr appointment before the surgery with my PCP to clear me for the surgery. Dr. Patel told me my chest x-ray showed some cloudin essence and that they recommend that I get a CAT scan of my lungs. She also said it is most likely due to my size. (Gee thanks) I told her I have no problems with breathing or wheezing but I will get the CAT scan for everyone's piece of mind.
I am so glad I found this website! I have gotten a lot of good info and encouragement from it. Thank you to all who posted a reply to my last blog post.
I start my Preoperative diet tomorrow. I did a trial run today and I did fine. Shake for bfkst, proteine bar snack, shake for lunch, protein bar for snack, fresh turkey salad from Valenti for dinner. Honey mustard drug & croutons. Sugar free pudding with unflavored protein powder mixed in for bedtime snack. I am not sure of the reason behind the Preoperative diet. Is it to lose weight, get used to eating small, get used to just drinking shakes, or truly to shrink the liver? Oh well, I will play by the rules.I plan on doing everything they tell me to the Letter! I really want to be Successful!
Love and best wishes to all who read this.

Submit "July 20, 2017" to Digg Submit "July 20, 2017" to del.icio.us Submit "July 20, 2017" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 20, 2017" to Google

Updated 07-21-2017 at 12:41 AM by MTMiller (Wrong date)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

They say the preoperative diet is to shrink the liver, so you're right to follow your doctor's orders to the letter! Glad the endoscopy went easily. You're on the right track1
    Following the pre op diet without cheat at all will also make a less painfull recovery in the few days after surgery.

Also, when posting please make your title relate to your post as it will increase your views. You just have the date there. Maybe change to something like " 4- days pre op and excited and nervous."
    I've started the pre-op diet already and i am on day three , it is hard at first but i think my body is getting use to it . They say it is very important to follow this so our body will start to feed off the fat from the liver and this is how it shrinks so surgery can be easier.
    I know what you mean about the endoscopy....I remember them saying they were going to put me under and then I "woke up" about 15-20 minutes later and I was done. I didn't feel like I had anything done and didn't even feel drugged afterwards. As for the pre op, it is for liver shrinking but not all surgeons require it. One thing I have found though, is all surgeons have their own way of doing things. The rules are different as can be from one to the other and we all end up being successful.