Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sista black

Hair loss?!??

Rate this Entry
IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS NOT LOST HAIR SINCE BEING SLEEVED?? PLEASE INBOX ME OR MESSAGE ME? THANKS

Submit "Hair loss?!??" to Digg Submit "Hair loss?!??" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair loss?!??" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair loss?!??" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've seen a lot of posts about hair loss. I am just 2 weeks post-op. I have biotin in my multi-vitamins but will probably supplement soon to help avoid loosing too much hair.
    It's all about getting your protein in during the first 3 months.. My mom and sister lost no hair.. Plenty of protein , vitamins and biotin.
    Pretty much everyone loses hair for a while. I am almost 9 months and it has stopped falling out, but there was a time a month ago that I was getting worried. No one goes bald.
    I have been on Biotin for almost 2 years (for a heavy duty medication I was on back then) and still take it. My hair had JUST begun to thicken back up about 10 months ago and then I had my surgery in March and I have noticed in the last month (3 months out since surgery) that my hair is REALLY coming out. I have longer hair, so when I brush it after my shower and run my fingers through it, the strands just come out in my fingers... in globs. I take 10,000 mcg of Biotin, twice a day, and am hoping it stops in the next few months. I take ALL of my vitamins, supplements, etc.... It's just one of those things that more likely will happen. But I have been told by MANY people that it will stop falling out.
    It's mainly about genetic. My hair fall all the time for everything (medication, anesthesia, post-pregnancy etc) and was falling a lot from 3 to 6 months out. It's been slowly growing back since. I did take biotin before surgery for a few months and may be until months 4 (10 000 per day) but then unwanted hair starting to grow on my chin and I stopped it. I think in my case it wouldn't grow faster on my head anyway, all women on my mother and father's side have really thin hair, I'm no exception and actually I still have a lot compare to others because I've been careful with my nutrition and monitor my iron for years, which others in the family don't do and we also have chronic anemia running in the fam... .when last year I could see my scalp I used a keratin powder (Toppik) to hide the spots and it worked just fine.
    Water, well balanced nutrition, knowing when and how to supplements, stress management, genetics, ethnicity and plain ol' luck of Irish can work with or against you.

Here is a blog I posted on my one-year Sleeversary https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/entry.php?b=30720
    I am four months out and have had no hair loss so far.
    I lost hair, but it is so thick no one would notice. I just know I've lost some because I see some little short pieces growing in.

A little less hair with a ton less fat, no problem!
    I take 10,000 mg Biotin, wash my hair with Nioxin shampoo, use the conditioner, and leave in foam as well AND put minoxidil on the really bald spots. Once i did all of these the loss stopped and the growth began. i was really thin before I began my routine.
    I'm starting to lose strands. I hate the thought of going so thin, trying Biotin shampoo now!
    I had surgery May 23rd. I have been taking Biotin since before my surgery. I got mine at Costco and it's sublingual so it just dissolves in my mouth. I have not noticed any hair loss above or beyond just normal shedding... I have long hair. I have made sure to take all my vitamins daily which I think helps.
    My Dr advised that is 3 to 6 months I may see hair loss. It was 6 months when my hair started o come out. Mostly in the top. I was not too upset since I expected it. My Dr said she has only had one patient who did not suffer from significant hair loss. It is a result of the surgery. My hair is still thinning but growing back as well. I take my vitamins ans biotin. I am hoping the hair loss stops soon. My Dr advised that a year after the fall out, I should see growth.
    Research shows 40% of WLS patients will lose hair. A lot of hair. Others will only lose some. Best bet is to get in your protein, fluids, and vitamins and hope for the best. There is nothing that will prevent it just things that can help with regrowth.