Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nydia119

One day at a time, at its best...

Rate this Entry
So a year after surgery I find myself Plateau at 170- 179 pounds...
I stop losing loads of weight back in February 2017. I also stop hitting the gym, as I had gotten myself a part-time Sephora job. Before getting the Sephora job I was at the gym 4-5 times a week. My skin can thank me for that. I unfortunately started drinking heavily when I got the second part time job. I was getting extremely depressed over the fact I couldn't really eat either and it had been well over 9 months after the surgery. I was still having a hard time eating so I turned to Alcohol for comfort. And I couldn't stop. I had become that alcoholic they warn you, you can become after the surgery if we aren't careful. So all of that plays a factor of my plateau. And I have no one to blame then myself for not catching the warning signs of my rapid dependency on alcohol. I sit here now typing away about a lot that had been on my mind about this plateau that I have been dealing with. I realize how much shame I have because of it and how I compare myself with my sister who also had the gastric sleeve done as well, she stands at 4'10 and 110 pounds and I look at myself ashamed that I am not even close to what she has accomplished. I have to throw all that shit away and live my happy sober life that I live today. No I am not 110 pounds but I feel healthy and happy. Glad to be back at the gym and somewhat controlling the calorie intake. I don't understand how I can hit 1300 calories so quickly when we have a little stomach with not a lot of room for much, but somehow Nydia gets it done. Coffee creamers and Starbucks will be the death of me I swear.
Thanks for letting me ramble.

Submit "One day at a time, at its best..." to Digg Submit "One day at a time, at its best..." to del.icio.us Submit "One day at a time, at its best..." to StumbleUpon Submit "One day at a time, at its best..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

(Hugs) Nydia, hang in there! You know what to do and that alcohol is empty calories. I've seen many veteran Sleevers say... Back to the basics!!! You got this!!!! Dig in and go for your goal - you are so worth all the effort. xo
    Hang in there. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Just starting a new job takes it out of you physically and mentally. Start cutting back on alcohol. Only use it as a treat. Maybe try lower fat/calorie coffee creamers. Start small changes at a time and you'll get back on tract. You're human. But remember:
    YOU GOT THIS!
    Oh lordy! When i found out how many calories a frappucchino had, i nearly fainted! Who'd have thought coffee and ice in a blender would be so many calories!! Lol

i started ordering sugar free flavored syrups online for my coffee, cause i drink lots of coffee. I also know how to make a mocha frappucchini at home thats BETTER than starbucks!

I had surgery in May 2016, and have been afraid to take that first drink for this reason.
    Oh, about hitting 1300 cals.....be sure you're eating at set times and not eating unless its "time to eat". I can hit 2000 cals/day by grazing!!!

and be sure to use a measuring tablespoon for your coffee additives (cream, creamer, flavorings, sweeteners....). A "splash" is usually more than the "serving size"
    I agree about the alcohol, it can get away from you FAST! I could see it happening to me, and put the brakes on. But substituting one bad habit for another never really got anyone anywhere. Grazing is ALSO my #1 downfall. Bites add up fast and never seem to satisfy. Back to basics is always the best advice. My sister had a gastric bypass and she's thinner than me too, we're not the same person. Keep plugging!
    Unfortunately we're addicts. That's how we got fat to begin with. And as addicts, it's easy to swap one addiction for another. Just remember why you did this, regroup, and refocus. You can do this. And don't compare yourself. This is YOUR journey and yours alone.
    OMG thank you all for the responds and encouragements!!!
    I appreciated every single comment left... still New to this site so I wasn't aware I had comments!!! Im going to love this support we all have for each other, Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    (Hugs) Nydia, hang in there! You know what to do and that alcohol is empty calories. I've seen many veteran Sleevers say... Back to the basics!!! You got this!!!! Dig in and go for your goal - you are so worth all the effort. xo

Is back to the basics just plain liquid diet? lol
    Im not too sure what back to basic means...
    One confused sleever....
    I love my coffee in the morning with creamer. Starbucks WAS a daily indulgence. Just can't go back to that. I will switch between regular creamer and sugar free. I also like to get regular coffee and add my premiere protein shake on top over ice. Some friends told me that they will go to Starbucks and get 3 expresso shots on ice in a venti cup and then add their Premier protein to it for a yummy Iced drink. Feel free to ask me anything. I live in LA too! Be nice to have someone local going through the same things since we don't tell everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by elle77
    I love my coffee in the morning with creamer. Starbucks WAS a daily indulgence. Just can't go back to that. I will switch between regular creamer and sugar free. I also like to get regular coffee and add my premiere protein shake on top over ice. Some friends told me that they will go to Starbucks and get 3 expresso shots on ice in a venti cup and then add their Premier protein to it for a yummy Iced drink. Feel free to ask me anything. I live in LA too! Be nice to have someone local going through the same things since we don't tell everyone.
    OMG what a great idea to throw 3 expresso shots in my Premier protein....
    How exciting hahaha any little thing to be able to stop this crazy craving for starbucks is nothing but amazing to me.
    Yes, Im here for you too... yes I don't speak about my surgery at work and NO ONE at work knows I had it done.
    By "back to basics" I meant go by the strict rules: Protein first, slow chewing, 2 minutes between bites, next eat vegetables and if there's room (and there won't be) carbs. A snack would be protein-based and then water, water, water (or whatever suits you)
    First off you lost 100 pounds in year. That is a lot of weight lost quickly and you look AMAZING!!.
    The rest of the weight will come off slowly. Your body knows what is best for you. Too much too fast is not good. Hang in there it will come off.