Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

July 12, 2017

Rate this Entry
This is my first blog post. I am nervous about the Endoscopy on Friday. It is getting very real now! Pre-op testing on Monday morning. Dr. Patel clears me for surgery next week, too, and all that's left is the surgery. I feel ready. Just nervous about the pain. I have studied my book for 6 months now. I know what to do and what to eat. I think I have my mind in gear. Worried about the 2 week pre-open diet. I am a hungry girl!! One day at a time.

Submit "July 12, 2017" to Digg Submit "July 12, 2017" to del.icio.us Submit "July 12, 2017" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 12, 2017" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't worry I didn't have any pain it was awesome! Compared to my endometriosis laproscopic surgery I would have the gastric sleeve over and over again. This site is amazing for great help.
    I had no pain after surgery or at home recovering. I mean, I felt a little discomfort as in as if I had done 400 ab crunches but NO severe pain that required any pain meds in the hospital or for the hydrocodone prescribed at home.
    The pre op liqiuid diet was killing me though in all honesty. I was on a pre op diet from the surgeon and his nutritionist for 3 months before the surgery (this past March) but that liquid diet for 10 days had me crazy. I had to drink this disgusting Isopure clear liquid (they required) and it was God awful. I prayed to be put out of my misery! And I had to drink the same swill the following 7 days after surgery too. (Now a horrible, distant memory.)

It will be over before you know it and you can focus on your new way of life.
    I like endoscopies! Really, I do. I like knowing about whats going on in there. Lol

i had a two week liquid diet. I could have anything as long as it was put through the blender....so i made lots of homemade veggie soups and blended them up.....yummy.

also, while the premade shakes are good and very convenient, homemade shakes are tastier. If you can afford it, invest in a high end blender like vitamix, i bought a reconditioned one from their website for a good price, still not cheap, though worth the investment.

i also cheated on that liquid diet twice. Not the end of the world, but try not to.

if you find that the liquid diet is more horrendous than you could ever imagine, talk to your doc about adding a leafy green salad for dinner with a tiny bit of protein (chicken, tuna... Like just a couple of ounces). Some docs allow it.
    My endoscopy was so quick and I wasn't even loopy from the drugs. My husband was disappointed by that. LOL! Hope it all went smoothly.