Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

What to wear...

Rate this Entry
We have an official function in about three days and looking at my closets, I'm seriously running out of "formal clothing". I mean I still have Summer suits I could wear but that's just a few and I'm wearing always the same thing lately (in between two sizes) and realized that many long dresses are too big now so I can't even wear those plus most are just not for the right season (that season called sauna).

I should be happy because lots of stuff are baggy, instead I just feel grumpy and irritated (move+heat+humidity+ nothing nice to wear=high stress). How stupid is that!

Glass half full: I haven't lost that much in the last months but there's still progress! Plus no regain is a big thing...I'm soon reaching 18 months out where many show a regain (at least 5%) but since I haven't reach my goal yet being a slow looser I guess that if I see a regain it will show up much later. But hopefully never!

I can't wait to be able to shop more in a few weeks. Not that I will need that many items because I have lovely suits and all kind of business wear waiting for me in a smaller size, but I guess I still can't enjoy the fun of shopping here even if I'm not a plus size any more (but I am one in Asia! I'm M/L IN US or Europe, here still XL but the sizes are off for me for formal) and 3 days before the event there's no way I can find what I need. Plus I'm a cheapo and not ready to spend a lot...May be I will wear a beach dress or just go to the beach instead the event

Oh my! what a waste of my time for nothing...

Submit "What to wear..." to Digg Submit "What to wear..." to del.icio.us Submit "What to wear..." to StumbleUpon Submit "What to wear..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

OhMGoodness Womyn! You made me laugh with cheapo lol!!!

Wish you were here and I'd take you shopping to one of the biggest fashion outlets around. I bought a Donna Karan dress when I was size 14 several years ago (retail $$$$) for $80. I am looking for a seamstress to take it in without charging me more than what it was.

Going to business functions are stressful enough, the networking and small talk just makes me feel awkward. Last week, I joined my partner on a business trip and spouses that normally shunned me (we aren't married, ugh! I hate small minded people!) were all over me. I'm not one to toot my horn, and I didn't, for those who really wanted to know I just said that being diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes scared me straight and I adopted an proactive lifestyle which it is the truth!

I wore a gray and white striped size 8 fitted with a slight slit cotton skirt (new) with a white linen top (size 11/12 in my closet) and linen jacket (size 12/14 in my closet), and nude 3" pumps (new).
    I don't own gold or diamonds jewelry, but I have lots of silver and precious stones that fits me better and I dress up the outfit with it.

Just go to the event!

And send pics!!!

Xoxoxo
    this was so funny to me while reading. ithink that most of us share your same feelings of not having things to wear or not even wanting to go buy stuff because its so much of a reminder of what is going on with our weight issues, but the good thing is that you are loosing and honey trust me when i tell you that you are at a way better size than half of us that are in sizes 18 & up like me.
    just try and relax because you have gotten the hard part over with and you are loosing(yeah!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    OhMGoodness Womyn! You made me laugh with cheapo lol!!!
    Well, for real....I'm Master cheapo.. I like quality and won't spend much for it. When we lived in DC we had a Marshals right next door and I could find designer suits for 50$ even in my plus size! It was ten year ago but since that time I don't spend much...
    So I'm always hunting for a good bargain...during my last trip to the US I was able to find lovely suits from my fav designer (Tahari) for 30$!!! I couldn't believe it! so I got a few in small sizes. I'm almost to the point where I can wear those in smaller sizes (14P), but the 16's are now way too big..and I'm fine with a 14 but 14 P is too small..
    At that stage of confusion I think I will go with "too big everything" in linen because the heat is just awful and even waterproof mascara is crying it's so bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    this was so funny to me while reading. ithink that most of us share your same feelings of not having things to wear or not even wanting to go buy stuff because its so much of a reminder of what is going on with our weight issues, but the good thing is that you are loosing and honey trust me when i tell you that you are at a way better size than half of us that are in sizes 18 & up like me.
    just try and relax because you have gotten the hard part over with and you are loosing(yeah!!!!)
    Living in Asia, I can't find clothing here because westerners are not built the same. I did buy a few things here but mostly it's casual and not work appropriate. So I did bring suitcases of smaller sizes with me but right now I'm between sizes and it's complicated. But you are right, when I was size 24/26 it was much worth!

But I do feel that it was easier when I was losing each month (until month 9). For the last 9 months I lost almost nothing each month and reach my goal will take for ever. It's a little annoying I must admit. The easier part was for me the "honey moon" for sure...now it's more complicated. But moving at the end of the month will for sure change a lot of things! (food AND clothing )
    Hope you found something to wear and had a great time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Hope you found something to wear and had a great time!
    Thanks Christie! I did "recycle" and wear white linen, long skirt and jacket. It was too big but with some security pins and a tight top it looked ok and did hide the baggy waist.
    The function on Friday was really nice, I also had two dinners this week end, that was more casual and I didn't have to be that dressed up but I must say that it's so annoying to look at my closet right now, I'm going to enjoy most of next week in pajama! (packing and cleaning mostly, and being stressed out until we can relax in the plane)
    Summer stuff is really cheap right now, go out and buy yourself one cute summer dress!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Summer stuff is really cheap right now, go out and buy yourself one cute summer dress!
    Unfortunately I'm still in Asia (for two more weeks) and nothing cute in my size! I will be back in France soon and in the US at the end of August, shopping will have to wait for those trips...