Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JLPSch

Four years!

Rate this Entry
I've been meaning to do an update on my blog about my four year surgery anniversary, but life interrupted! We're moving for the second time in less than a year so life is crazy to say the least. I did post a quick update at https://downthescale.com/2017/07/10/...4-year-update/

Here's a side by side from pre-surgery to this year. Four years later I still believe it's the best thing I've done! My journey hasn't been a straight line, but I'm proud of how far I've come and where I'm going!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jen20132017v1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	26886

Submit "Four years!" to Digg Submit "Four years!" to del.icio.us Submit "Four years!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Four years!" to Google

Comments

✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    Thank you for your kind words! And for sharing your experiences! It really helps to hear about someone else's similar journey. I find it amazingly helpful! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    Thanks, Sandra!

I can't imagine moving with a language barrier! You're a rockstar!

I'm looking forward to having our belongings in one place. Unpacking them is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen!
    Thanks! I really appreciate the encouragement!

QUOTE=Christie13;bt199941]You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen![/QUOTE]