Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

My fitness pal stresses me out

Rate this Entry
I've been tracking my calories and nutrition again, and eff this! It recommends that I get 1,200 calories per day. I went over by 87 calories. Gained 1.4 pounds! WTF?! I felt like I barely ate anything that day. That was a really light day for me. I usually snack so much more.

I didn't track yesterday because we had all homemade stuff and I had no idea how to track it. I made mozzarella stuffed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, sautéed squash and onions, rutabagas, fresh green beans, pierogies, and ooey gooey butter bars. I hated the meatloaf, so I only had a couple of bites. I had 2 pierogies a lot of rutabagas, green beans, and squash. I also ate two ooey gooey butter bars. I know that dessert is pure fat and calories, but that is all I ate all day long. Gained another pound and a half.

I'm so over caring about this crap. I just want to eat what I want to eat and quit letting it rule my life. I have been so much more neurotic since having this surgery than before. I'm driving myself crazy.

Submit "My fitness pal stresses me out" to Digg Submit "My fitness pal stresses me out" to del.icio.us Submit "My fitness pal stresses me out" to StumbleUpon Submit "My fitness pal stresses me out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Usually our weight won't show ups and down from one day to the other because some food can take a very long time to be digested. It's probably just water retention from too much salt or something. Just ignore the scale for a few days..

You did mention several time that you love junk food, but it's full of salt and additives and it will make you crave for more and does nothing for you on a nutritional point of view, so you're even more starving after. May be if you had some nuts (almonds are my fav) or even a small portion of cheese you will have less cravings. It's normal to be hungry, eating regularly do help but also if you go for nutritious, you will need less of it.

But I'm with you with "tracking drives me crazy". When I did my one year long diet a few years ago, I was checking restaurants before going, was measuring everything at home...I mean....it did stress me out (and my husband too!). The good part of it is that today after so much tracking I can know just looking at my portion what's in it...tracking can help to know if you are in your calorie range, but if you go for cut raw veggies as snacks you know that you can't get too much calories from it anyway...even with a small dip of yogurt or hummus..

Nobody has a perfect diet, and junk food or treats can be ok once in a while, but everyday it's just preventing you from getting the right nutrition.
    Dr Weiner wrote a book called "a pound of cure" five years ago. It did help me to get some ideas during my one year diet. He has also great videos on youtube. May be you can have a look?
    Relax!! lol, It looks like you have surpassed your weight loss goal, yes? you can track if you want to, its good for keeping an eye on nutrition fluctuations and junk intake, but I think you can let up on the calorie counting. If you gain a few pounds back, you'll ne ok.

Its a journey of health, eat right, enjoy life.. and you'll be fine.
    I don't track. It makes me think about my choices and that works for me. I eat still meat and protein first so I don't really have any issues. You're a lot farther out than I am, though.