Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

What the health

Rate this Entry
Watching the documentary "What the health" on Netflix....I don't know what we should eat anymore!!!
If even cheese, eggs, fish, milk are bad....not much left...

The cheeseburger law??what the heck!!

Let me know what you think if you have time to watch it...it's very disturbing..

Submit "What the health" to Digg Submit "What the health" to del.icio.us Submit "What the health" to StumbleUpon Submit "What the health" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I haven't watched it, but the cheeseburger law that I know of is based on the Old Testament Hebrew Law and observed by most Orthodox (also practicing) Jews and it's sacrilegious to do so.

Funny enough that as a student of Anthropology (my undergraduate degree) evolution is the foundation for the study of human kind. And it wasn't until a few weeks ago that it clicked when I read that plants and other animals (say the armadillo or porcupine) didn't evolve to be eaten by anyone, but quite the opposite they evolved to NOT be eaten.

The book I was reading said that anything we eat in excess will end building up toxins in our system, that's why I like my modified Paleo lol!

I will put in my que to watch!
    I find that many of the documentaries on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are independently made by filmmakers with personal agendas and ulterior motives, especially the films related to nutrition and food.
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    I find that many of the documentaries on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are independently made by filmmakers with personal agendas and ulterior motives, especially the films related to nutrition and food.
    OMG yes!!! I take the term "documentary" with a grain of salt!! They are predominantly one person's opinion and rarely fact based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I haven't watched it, but the cheeseburger law that I know of is based on the Old Testament Hebrew Law and observed by most Orthodox (also practicing) Jews and it's sacrilegious to do so.
    It's actually a bill that was made to protect the food industry from law suits because they didn't want to pay millions like the cigarette industry. Lucky, it didn't pass Senate!
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr554

I do think that like in everything in life moderation for everything is the key. But there is very good points made in that documentary...
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    I would agree for sure, I watched several that were just plain stupid....thinking especially about the one about juicing...

Here it's not a guy trying to sell his stuff, it's for example about how the food industry is behind groups like research for cancer, diabetes etc ...who still advise people to eat things they should not.

He based his interviews on research and studies ( a few that he used I actually did read so I saw the point) and many different doctors are interviewed. He does advocate for a vegan life style. I'm not vegan but he made some very good points.
    And I did learn a few things.

I'm also a student in nutrition, I can tell you that between the classes I took in the US or Europe, we still learn the wrong things in uni classes! because research is intense and fast in that field, and curriculum are not up to date.

So it's for sure helpful, for people who can't access nutrition classes at uni, to see a few pointers and understand that carbs are not that bad and too much meat can actually kill you. (I'd rather eat too much chocolate but that's for an other discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    OMG yes!!! I take the term "documentary" with a grain of salt!! They are predominantly one person's opinion and rarely fact based.
    This one is really well documented for once..
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Totally agree that for the most m part every storyteller has some type of agenda, particularly in storytelling.

Unfortunately, even off the wall like say "climate change deniers" will find facts to support their hypothesis or beliefs. They distort facts.

I'm curious to watch this said documentary! Particularly because they tried to influence public policy that would affect us all, but benefit only a few (and from my experience it would be stockholders wanting to profit) and that really irritates me.

One reason I love documentaries it is because most tell/expose both side of the story, but I have seen mockumentaries on the rise.