Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Shopping-Trip Preparations-Smaller Size Please-What a Bargain

Rate this Entry
So going on a trip after extreme weight loss calls for some shopping. I have been putting it off long enough and have only bought a few items to get me through over the last (almost) 8 months. A lot of that in part, though, was because I had hoarded my smaller sizes in the garage. Today I went to Kohls and did some shopping since they were having some big sales. I needed some jean shorts to add to the ones I had bought back in March. I went and grabbed some size 5 from the juniors department. I was a little shocked to see they were too big. So I went back and got the size 3. They fit well. Hopefully they will last for a while. Funny how I used to grab stuff I thought would fit and be discouraged because they would end up being too small. Now it is shocked to find too big. I can deal with that. LOL. But I did well on finding some really good deals. I bought 2 jean shorts, 8 shirts (5 tees and 3 dressy ones), a running jacket, a running skirt, 2 polo shirts (for my hubby and son for the wedding), a pair of lacy shorts, a pair of capri jeans, and a sweater all for $160 and got a Kohls cash worth $30 to use on my next visit. Will have to go back and use it on the 5th because it will expire before I get back from my trip.
Wanted to find some new sandals to wear at the wedding but could find any I liked there or at another big shoe store. All the ones I liked only came in big sizes. The ones that were less dressy or just lower than I wanted (I was looking for a high wedge) had plenty in my size. Sigh. So most likely I will try to find some tomorrow.
So much to get done before my trip. I can't freaking wait. I am going to get started on packing. Need to stock up the pantry with stuff for our pet sitter. Luckily he is a teenage boy so he doesn't have fancy tastes. LOL. Main request was doritos and dr. pepper. Hahaha.
So much to do . My kids don't come back from visiting their dad until the 4th. So at least my house will stay clean. So much happy going on right now. And that wonderful husband of mine is outside grilling me a steak for dinner. YUM!
Still having issues with constipation. That has been my one constant issue with my sleeve. I know it should eventually get better. Some times it does ease up and I get relief but some times it is a pain in the ass.....literally. LOL.
My hubby has gotten on board with the healthy life style. He has lost 20 lbs. I am so happy about that. It does make it easier when we are both eating healthy. Now he is addicted to my sugar free popsicles so we have to buy extras when we go to the store. But I am good with that. At least now even with his weight loss I still weigh much less than him. He could never get down to this weight. YAY! Will not have to worry about out weighing my hubby ever again. Funny thing is that he was looking at pictures on his phone from before the surgery. He was really shocked to see how big I actually was. I think because he was sporting some love goggles he doesn't remember me that size but comparing it to me now he clearly sees just how obese I was. I, on the other hand, did not want to look at those pictures but they are a good reminder of why it is important to stay on track. Never going back to that place where I looked and felt like crap...and really disliked myself for my weight.
Happy Saturday sleevers! Hope you all have a safe and healthy weekend!

Submit "Shopping-Trip Preparations-Smaller Size Please-What a Bargain" to Digg Submit "Shopping-Trip Preparations-Smaller Size Please-What a Bargain" to del.icio.us Submit "Shopping-Trip Preparations-Smaller Size Please-What a Bargain" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shopping-Trip Preparations-Smaller Size Please-What a Bargain" to Google

Comments

Christie, you may want to consider prescription Linzess for your constipation. I swear by it. I take one capsule every morning before breakfast, and I am able to handle my business within 30 minutes with no stomach aches. Greatest medication ever.

I just bought some super cute wedges at Kohls last weekend. I saw them on the mannequin as I walked in, and stole them right off her feet... they were the only ones left, and a size and a half bigger than my foot. I HAD to have them! They actually aren't really too big either.that made me get brave and order a really expensive pair of Antelope wedges online that only came in that same size. They showed up today, and I wasn't so lucky this time, they're way too big. I hope you find the perfect wedges for you. If you don't mind spending a small fortune, I recommend Antelope. They are my favorites.
    For sure that was a great bargain!! so great to shop and find small sizes who fit!! yeah!
    I love to buy shoes on 6PM. I always find great prices there...

Our hubbies were for sure blind with love. Mine saw me in every shape possible since we know each other for so long, but I'm also amazed that he still liked me even at my biggest. I had a hard time to cope with my "outside self". I felt awful too, always tired or sick. I don't know how he did still love me when I was in so much pain and not really a happy camper. I mean I was not grumpy every day but...I had some bad weeks for sure.

Constipation...I must say that I'm quiet relieved that after 21 years of running to the bathroom, not being able to eat veggies in restaurant (thanks IBS) I feel so much more back to my normal "pre-pregnancy". Did you try to drink Aloe Vera? it worked for me once...but I'm sensitive to many things so ...not sure it would be better than any other remedie (prune juice, senne tea, konjac?).

Anyway, it's great that your hubby lost 20 pounds!! it means he is very supportive and those changes are for good because you did it together!

I'm still heavier than my hubby but have high hopes it will change at some point...hopefully before 2020...

I hope you had a great week end too!! for us it was lots of fun, but now we expect a typhoon....we'll see what the cat bring tomorrow..
    I hated shopping for the same reasons Christie. I refused to get the larger sizes and when I started wearing 18 or XXL and they didn't fit well that was it. No more shopping. I was forced to buy 20 when my sister passed away, because I wasn't going to go to the funeral with a skin tight dress.

Shoes were also a pain in the butt to find. My feet were always swollen and worse one foot, my left is half size bigger. But I didn't care no one was keeping from wearing cute shoes! Unfortunately, I ended up with metatarsalgia on my left foot for wearing ill fitting high heels.

Losing weight has really brought some relief and it was the first thing I started shopping for , cute shoes!!!

I'm extremely lucky, unfortunately for my partner lol!, to have Last Call just a few miles away from us here in South Austin. It's the biggest one I have ever been too! Love their shoe selection and last month I tried a Manolo pair that actually fit and look good! I won't spend $500 even if they are 80% off lol! But it's fun to try those beautiful shoes!

I did buy a pair of LAMBS once at $180 wore once pre op and feet swelled up, but I knew eventually they would fit and they do! I call them my sitting shoes, but I can wear now for several hours before my feet start feeling it.

I just bought a cute pair of booties from Clark's for my Colorado trip loving them!

OhMGoodness I'm going shopping maybe to San Marcos today instead of tomorrow, our houseguests left yesterday!!! . Keep you posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    Christie, you may want to consider prescription Linzess for your constipation. I swear by it. I take one capsule every morning before breakfast, and I am able to handle my business within 30 minutes with no stomach aches. Greatest medication ever.

I just bought some super cute wedges at Kohls last weekend. I saw them on the mannequin as I walked in, and stole them right off her feet... they were the only ones left, and a size and a half bigger than my foot. I HAD to have them! They actually aren't really too big either.that made me get brave and order a really expensive pair of Antelope wedges online that only came in that same size. They showed up today, and I wasn't so lucky this time, they're way too big. I hope you find the perfect wedges for you. If you don't mind spending a small fortune, I recommend Antelope. They are my favorites.

I will ask my PCP about Linzess. I don't see him until September, though. So I will wait until them unless it gets way out of control. (I am out of country all of July anyways.) I ended up finding a pair of wedges I had forgotten about and they look stunning with my dress so crisis averted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    For sure that was a great bargain!! so great to shop and find small sizes who fit!! yeah!
    I love to buy shoes on 6PM. I always find great prices there...

Our hubbies were for sure blind with love. Mine saw me in every shape possible since we know each other for so long, but I'm also amazed that he still liked me even at my biggest. I had a hard time to cope with my "outside self". I felt awful too, always tired or sick. I don't know how he did still love me when I was in so much pain and not really a happy camper. I mean I was not grumpy every day but...I had some bad weeks for sure.

Constipation...I must say that I'm quiet relieved that after 21 years of running to the bathroom, not being able to eat veggies in restaurant (thanks IBS) I feel so much more back to my normal "pre-pregnancy". Did you try to drink Aloe Vera? it worked for me once...but I'm sensitive to many things so ...not sure it would be better than any other remedie (prune juice, senne tea, konjac?).

Anyway, it's great that your hubby lost 20 pounds!! it means he is very supportive and those changes are for good because you did it together!

I'm still heavier than my hubby but have high hopes it will change at some point...hopefully before 2020...

I hope you had a great week end too!! for us it was lots of fun, but now we expect a typhoon....we'll see what the cat bring tomorrow..
    Ah....typhoon season. I remember those well from my days in Japan. I was actually in Japan during the big earthquake back in 2011. Luckily I was near Tokyo. We did have to deal with the nuclear reactor and radiation levels in our area. And we did leave in June so we are thankful for that. Hopefully there will be no affects on my children from the exposure. They claim the levels were "safe".
    I agree that I am blessed beyond measure to have the support of my loving husband and thankful for his love goggles. He only sees the best in me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I hated shopping for the same reasons Christie. I refused to get the larger sizes and when I started wearing 18 or XXL and they didn't fit well that was it. No more shopping. I was forced to buy 20 when my sister passed away, because I wasn't going to go to the funeral with a skin tight dress.

Shoes were also a pain in the butt to find. My feet were always swollen and worse one foot, my left is half size bigger. But I didn't care no one was keeping from wearing cute shoes! Unfortunately, I ended up with metatarsalgia on my left foot for wearing ill fitting high heels.

Losing weight has really brought some relief and it was the first thing I started shopping for , cute shoes!!!

I'm extremely lucky, unfortunately for my partner lol!, to have Last Call just a few miles away from us here in South Austin. It's the biggest one I have ever been too! Love their shoe selection and last month I tried a Manolo pair that actually fit and look good! I won't spend $500 even if they are 80% off lol! But it's fun to try those beautiful shoes!

I did buy a pair of LAMBS once at $180 wore once pre op and feet swelled up, but I knew eventually they would fit and they do! I call them my sitting shoes, but I can wear now for several hours before my feet start feeling it.

I just bought a cute pair of booties from Clark's for my Colorado trip loving them!

OhMGoodness I'm going shopping maybe to San Marcos today instead of tomorrow, our houseguests left yesterday!!! . Keep you posted!
    I could not buy shoes that expensive...not unless I win the lottery or get a way better paying job. LOL. But I did find some shoes I had forgotten about and they are awesome. I haven't worn them in a few years due to my super fat legs and I had shoved them away. Enjoy Colorado!
    It feels good to motivate others in small ways. My step-son decided he does not like being the biggest person in the house and started following my diet. He is down almost 50 pounds just through will-power and hard work. Oh to be young again. My wife has dropped about thirty since I started.

When I first picked up the Large-Tall shirt I laughed. No way was this tiny thing fitting me. Months ago there were multiples of X's in front of the large. I don't think a medium in my future just because they aren't long enough and I don't think I have ever seen a Medium-Tall in the stores. Definitely a mail order item but I would very leery ordering that size without trying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    It feels good to motivate others in small ways. My step-son decided he does not like being the biggest person in the house and started following my diet. He is down almost 50 pounds just through will-power and hard work. Oh to be young again. My wife has dropped about thirty since I started.

When I first picked up the Large-Tall shirt I laughed. No way was this tiny thing fitting me. Months ago there were multiples of X's in front of the large. I don't think a medium in my future just because they aren't long enough and I don't think I have ever seen a Medium-Tall in the stores. Definitely a mail order item but I would very leery ordering that size without trying them.
    It absolutely does feel great to inspire others. I was shocked that my shirts were XS. Although I shouldn't be due to my short stature. But while I feel thin and healthy, I sometimes forget how small I actually am.
    You always inspire me.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolymarie
    You always inspire me.
    Thanks so much!