Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"

Rate this Entry
I can't believe that I only have 4 days until my sleeve surgery! My first Blog post was 41 or 47 days and here I am almost there. It really did go by so quickly. I remember in the beginning thinking that this day would never come.

Now all of a sudden life is throwing everything at me all at once and I am determined not to break. Even my liquid diet is going really well... except I think I now understand the term "Hangry" because I hate to admit it... but I am really feeling like a bitch. I'm not hungry but edgy. I have had a ton of stuff come up at home and work and I am dealing with it all very matter of fact, calculating and "nipping it in the bud" so to speak and moving on. Sounds like a good thing, but I am usually a little more compassionate LOL Now I feel like I am like... "What do you need from me?" I can either help or I can't.

I also think I should change the title of Blog to Rambling.... hahahaha It has just been nice to use this forum to have an outlet for my thoughts. No matter how all over the board they are leading up to my surgery on Monday.

Well... no matter what comes at me tonight after work, I am packing. I am slammed up until we fly out of Sunday so tonight is it.

If you are still following along.... I AM SO GRATEFUL for this site and all the wonderful people in it. I have been very active in the posts and it has helped me immensely to stay connected with other people that are of the same mindset.

Oh Happy Day!!!! ..... Think I will have a little broth and try to be a little nicer

T Minus 4 Days... Over and Out xo

Submit "T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"" to Digg Submit "T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"" to del.icio.us Submit "T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"" to StumbleUpon Submit "T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've already asked the ladies that I work with to be patient with me as my liquid diet goes on. I'm pretty sure that my attitude will suffer in the not too distant future. So, I can sympathize with you. And of course, I'm trying to get everything at work totally caught up so there won't be any problems while I'm gone, but it's our busiest season of the year and circumstances aren't cooperating very well with my plan. Hang in there (easier said than done, I know). You are just mere days away from starting a new chapter in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Thank you Linda!!!! I appreciate your support! We've got this!!!! (hugs)
    Don't worry, after surgery you won't be hungry at all. I can't remember how long that lasted, but it was heaven! You've got this!

Hey, I'm 3 1/2 years out and still appreciate the support from this site.
    The thing that got me through my liquid part (which was only 3 days) was my nonfat latte. I am so excited for you and eager to see your transformation! I was bitchy too but also because being on just liquids gave me thrush! GAG. I had to get a swish after surgery to get rid of it and it tasted like warm, old, orange juice. Keep your eye on the prize my dear!
    You got this!! It will all be worth it!!
    You guys are all amazing!!!! Thank you SO much (Hugs!!!!)
    Breath.

Do you!

If momma ain't happy ain't noone happy!

When you start taking care of self, that's when you start setting boundaries and most of every one you deal with isn't used to that. You just gotta stay strong, and it may seem selfish, but honestly it isn't. You are just teaching others to take care of business themselves, and it's about damn time.
    The liquid diet is no fun, but it's sort of like childbirth, you forget it as soon as it's over and something amazing comes along! Best of luck on your surgery and your rebirth as a healthy, fit person. The sleeve is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

I remember my nut telling me she did the liquid diet for our required amount of days and it was no problem at all. And I'm thinking in my head, "Sure, you're 25 and a size 2, you probably don't get hungry!!!"
    You will do great, it is great, I love my sleeve!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Breath.

Do you!

If momma ain't happy ain't noone happy!

When you start taking care of self, that's when you start setting boundaries and most of every one you deal with isn't used to that. You just gotta stay strong, and it may seem selfish, but honestly it isn't. You are just teaching others to take care of business themselves, and it's about damn time.
    YES! YES! YES! I am ready to be a little selfish

Thanks Shirl xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Thank for your support!!!!! My day is getting so close.... as my grandkids would say... "3 sleeps" hahahahahahaha (hugs)
    Awesome! I'm excited for you! Hangry. LOL.
    Maybe it's the desire to chew something? Can you chew on ice right now? I guess that will be not an option afterward? I use a tongue scraper in the AM to clear bacteria from my tongue that my body has expelled during the night. Might help prevent thrush or just a yucky mouth feeling too.
    Btw, I had to get an ultrasound of my abdomen last Friday as part of my pre-surgery tests and the registration person said nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours and that was HARD. I finally broke down and sipped water. Turns out they tell the registration people that, even though you can have water, so they don't get confused. Hello! It's summer! I need H2O!
    Now I'm ranting. LOL. Have a safe trip and I can't wait to hear updates from you!
    Thank you!!! Hangry is being Hungry and Angry LOL I am happy to report that I have been a much kinder, gentler person today. I don't know what switch flipped yesterday but I was over everyone I came into contact with. We have a plethora of issues and problems at work which included "people" issues which are much harder to deal with than simply fixing problems. Anyway, I love that I have had the outlet of this site to just refocus and reset, so to speak. TGIF
    BTW...after reading this blog I had gone to the store and bought some SF popsicles. At the register I saw the "hangry" snickers bar and laughed remembering this post. You are almost there girlfriend. Relax and coast on into surgery! Keep us posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    BTW...after reading this blog I had gone to the store and bought some SF popsicles. At the register I saw the "hangry" snickers bar and laughed remembering this post. You are almost there girlfriend. Relax and coast on into surgery! Keep us posted!
    (Hugs) Christie you are the best- thank you! I will keep you guys posted. I am really relaxed. I think I might actually have more time than I thought I would tomorrow to pack and get ready. It sure has been such a blessing to make friends like you and wonderful others here who have helped me along stage 1 of my weightloss journey!!!
    Good luck!!! I just scheduled my surgery for 8/31 ���� Im so excited for you!
    Hi gigi, so excited for you , I won't be having my surgery in Mexico cause I have new ins.so hopefully I can get approved here if not then I will have it done in mexico.
    Please let us know how it went I will be thinking about how lucky you are because you got it now my prayers are with you.
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Thank you for the well wishes!!! I'm so close now I can't believe it.