DesertGal

A Milestone and A Promise

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MeCarterJune28CROP.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	507.2 KB 
ID:	26851

Last summer, my 9 year old grandson asked me often if he and I could go to the YMCA and swim at their pool(s) with the water slides and other water features. (I guess my pool at home was getting boring for the little guy.) I told him I would LOVE to go, but there was no way grandma would put on a swimsuit and wear it in public! I told him that "WHEN" I shed a massive amount of weight, I would gladly take him there.

This past winter when I started my pre-op diet, and had my surgery in March and was dropping all my weight, I promised him that I would gladly take him as soon as I felt like I looked like a normal sized gal, and not the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

That day was today. I put on my 2 piece and had no issues what so ever being around a gazillion people in a public setting. Ah, sweet victory!

Submit "A Milestone and A Promise" to Digg Submit "A Milestone and A Promise" to del.icio.us Submit "A Milestone and A Promise" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Milestone and A Promise" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Amazing NSV!!! I bet you absolutely made your grandson's day!!! I can tell by that HUGE smile on BOTH of your faces. So freaking proud of you for all that you have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Big hugs Lori!
    Wow!! wearing a two piece in this short time. Great accomplishment and you look great Lori. Proud of you‼️ I took my grandkids swimming Sunday and it was so nice not feeling huge and embarrassed by my size. Thanks for sharing. Ps if you go on Dr Almanza's group page you can see a before and after pics.
    I think finally wearing a swim suit was my favorite NSV. When I think of all the years I spent sitting on the beach, sweating in capris and a tee shirt, Yuck!! Now I can join in the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Amazing NSV!!! I bet you absolutely made your grandson's day!!! I can tell by that HUGE smile on BOTH of your faces. So freaking proud of you for all that you have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Big hugs Lori!
    Carter was SO excited I took him! He said several times, "You don't look like a grandma." (Thank you little man.) And I was excited to sit there on my lounge chair with my legs not looking like tree stumps, my stomach not sticking out like a ready to deliver mom to be, and my body not being the fattest-lady-at-the-pool. It was such a great feeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    Wow!! wearing a two piece in this short time. Great accomplishment and you look great Lori. Proud of you‼️ I took my grandkids swimming Sunday and it was so nice not feeling huge and embarrassed by my size. Thanks for sharing. Ps if you go on Dr Almanza's group page you can see a before and after pics.
    Isn't it great 'fitting in?" I love this feeling. A HUGE accomplishment for all us sleevers. I will go look for Dr. Almanza's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Carter was SO excited I took him! He said several times, "You don't look like a grandma." (Thank you little man.) And I was excited to sit there on my lounge chair with my legs not looking like tree stumps, my stomach not sticking out like a ready to deliver mom to be, and my body not being the fattest-lady-at-the-pool. It was such a great feeling!
    When I think of ALL the years I had pool parties and felt like the largest woman there, it's sad. I'd wear the frumpiest swimsuits (if I put one on at all) and always felt horrible. Not now.
    Way to go, Grandma! Aren't those wonderful grandkids the best motivation ever? Congratulations on all your wonderful successes!
    Feeling "normal again" is priceless for sure! plus you can enjoy that victory with your grandson it's even better! I'm very happy for you!
    My daughter just sent me some Lululemon running shorts, and boy, are they low. No wonder she could wear them while pregnant. I will wear them, size 8, but only with a long top.

In the catalog they all just show off their amazing stomachs, but they didn't lose a ton of weight!
    I'm so excited for you!!!! You have certainly achieved some amazing milestones since surgery and NOT being the fattest woman in the pool would qualify as one of my post-op goals! Looks like you and your sweet grandson had a blast!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Awwww! Carter is a sweet boy! I bet your heart was filled with pride when he said that! Keep rocking out you sexy lady! You have earned it!!!
    So glad you and your grandson got to enjoy this time together, just imagine the future activities you can both share now! Continued success!!
    Thank you everyone!
    I love this!!! I'm almost there! I can't wait to take my kids to the beach, the lake, the pool, everything out in the open!! It's such an amazing feeling.
    Yeah for your grandson getting to enjoy grandma. Keep up the good work.