Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

tgreene27127

Initial Consult

Rate this Entry
Today I had my initial visit with Dr. Adolfo Fenandez. They were very courteous and professional. I went in for what I thought would be a long visit but it turned out to be approximately 15 minutes. They took preliminary information (i.e. wt., ht., verified medical history). They then explained the 3 surgeries-duodenal switch, roux en y, and the gastric sleeve. I told them that I preferred the sleeve. I had to sign a contract stating that I would not gain any weight as it would delay my surgery or cause me to have an open surgery vs. laproscopic surgery. I was informed that due to the lack of comorbidities I was on track to have the surgery in 12 weeks. The only issue that I need to work on (besides losing weight) is to get my hemoglobin up. They recommended that I take iron pills twice daily along with vitamin c (the vitamin c assists with absorption of the iron). The doctor the listened to my lungs, looked at my stomach and ordered lab work. The doctor stated that they would schedule an upper GI x-rays prior to the surgery. My psych and dietician appointment have previously been scheduled by the office. THIS IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!!! I'm so excited. BTW my initial consult weight was 326.4

Submit "Initial Consult" to Digg Submit "Initial Consult" to del.icio.us Submit "Initial Consult" to StumbleUpon Submit "Initial Consult" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow!!! Just 12 weeks. That is great. You can absolutely do it. Just remember why you are doing this and you will get there. Twelve weeks isn't so bad. You got this!!!
    Those 12 weeks will race by. Before you know it, your life will change forever!