Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Layla2

Who has had a gastric sleeve that was less than 200lbs?

Rate this Entry
I way 162 and was approved for gastric sleeve in Mexico with Dr. Alvarez. Has anyone else done this?

Submit "Who has had a gastric sleeve that was less than 200lbs?" to Digg Submit "Who has had a gastric sleeve that was less than 200lbs?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who has had a gastric sleeve that was less than 200lbs?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who has had a gastric sleeve that was less than 200lbs?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You may get too small. I was 207 at the start of my journey but after pre op I was down to 187. I am 120 now. I am only 4'11", though. How tall are you? What weight are you wanting to get to?
    I had good contacts with Dr Alvarez's team a few years ago, it's a serious practice from my experience (even if at the end I had an other surgeon).
    If you got approved, it must be because you have comorbidities since usually you need to have a BMI of 40 to get your surgery.

Like Christie said, you might loose too much weight but for many medical reasons it might be the only way for you, so just make sure to ask your team all your questions pre-op.
    No idea how tall you are, but unless you're very short, surgery sounds unethical to me. But I don't think they have any medical requirements in Mexico. (I could be totally wrong here!!) I doubt you would be approved in the states unless you have a high BMI and other health issues.
    Hi Layla, I am guessing that you are small stature? I am having my surgery with Dr. A next week and had to be approved for my surgery with my BMI and medical necessity. I am a tall stature woman and carried my weight well for many years until I am now at a point that my weight is a big concern and not allowing me to live my very best quality of life. I wish you success!
    I am 5'4" with a bmi of 34, HBP and weigh 197. At 162 depending upon your height, bmi and health issues; I would definitely make sure you ask a lot of questions. I am currently here in Mexico and I have done so much research about the doctor, hospital and anesthesiologist. I am meeting my team this morning to go over my list of questions. Also I chose Trinity Medical because my surgery coordinator answered my calls and questions at anytime, called to check up on me along the way and told me from start to finish what to expect. I am the only surgery today; so no assembly line surgery. My surgeon speaks perfect english so no translation needed. It has to be what makes you comfortable and do not be afraid to ask questions.

Good luck with your journey.
    They do indeed have requirements in Mexico contrary to what sraebaer is stating.

When I was looking into surgery over 5 years ago (I started thinking of it and doing research in April 2012 and had the surgery on June 28th 2012). Every surgeon I contacted all stated I had to be at least a BMI of 30. Even being 3 pounds away from 30 they wouldn't consider me. I'm 5'4" and at the time weighed 172 and I'll admit I finally fudged my weight by 3 pounds just to qualify - 172 at 5'4" was 29.5 so I said I was 175 and that got me to the 30. Anyway I did well and got to 98 pounds by November which was of course too small so I relaxed my eating a bit and got to 107 and now this morning I am still 109 5 years later.