Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pam G

to Shirl

Rate this Entry
for some reason, the site won't let me answer your question to me, so here's my answer:

I learned about Keto by just googling and being on one of the keto fb pages. there's guy that is a keto guru, Ben McDonald, that does very informative podcasts, here's the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4r6fHy1bc

there's a couple of women on here that do the LCHF lifestyle, too.

It means no fruits/nuts or carbs of any kind....even the good ones (at least for the first few months until you get into ketosis), so it might be a bit restrictive for you. It's basically meat (cooked plainly) and veggies (no root veggies like sweet potatoes or carrots, though). and, obviously, no sugar.

But, it has an amazing effect if you can stick to it. It's REALLY REALLY....REALLLLLY hard to only ingest 20 gms of carbs/day.

Submit "to Shirl" to Digg Submit "to Shirl" to del.icio.us Submit "to Shirl" to StumbleUpon Submit "to Shirl" to Google

Tags: shirl Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am just curious as to why no nuts? I know this was for Shirl but I am nosy. LOL.
    Thanks, Pam!!!

Christie, I was reading in passing about a warning of the toxic levels in nuts and seeds if consumed continuously in the Paleo lifestyle. I eat nuts and seeds almost daily :-( I guess if you really think about it, it makes sense Paleo should focus on foods available and in season back in the day. Nuts and seeds were only available for short periods of time a year.

Did all y'all catch the coconut oil warming on the USToday page??? Seriously! I'm glad as Sleevers we are adopting a moderate and balanced approach, I hope!

Hugs!
    I don't over indulge on them but I do eat them. I mainly don't eat too many because of the high calorie and fat content. But yes, I see the seasonal aspect of it.
    I have some clients that workout intensely and I mean 2.5 hours every single day with no exceptions. They were in town back in April and we had our meeting at their rental home - I noticed they had a huge bowl of mixed nuts on the counter so I asked them and they said oh yeah - they eat them in moderation of course. I eat alot of pork and chicken which are both very high in protein.
    One snack mix I found that I keep on hand now is this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1