Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

scgal21

I am so frustrated!!

Rate this Entry
Ok, I have been patient so far, but I'm officially frustrated with my weight loss!! The scale isn't moving and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Going into this, I knew my journey would be a slow one since my metabolism is screwed up from yo-yo dieting and not being able to get any significant excercise in...but I was hoping for a faster loss than this. I stall for a week or two, then if I'm lucky I'll drop a pound. It will be 3 months on Feb.8 and I'm only down 35 lbs. and most of that was the first 2 weeks afer surgery. I'm eating 60-80g protein, around 800 calories and keeping my carbs around 30g and drinking lots of SF liquids. I'm only walking since I have joint issues, but much more than I was able to do pre-op. I had my sleeve done in MX so I don't have access to a nutritionist. I can't believe I've paid $6000 to lose 35 lbs!! Sorry guys, I'm having a really depressing day. Any advice?

Submit "I am so frustrated!!" to Digg Submit "I am so frustrated!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I am so frustrated!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I am so frustrated!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

35 pounds in 3 months is very good.. I know that it not the amount that you wanted, but please do not lose faith...Sounds like you are doing things right..Try bumping your carbs down to 20 gr. If you are not doing the protein drinks try adding at least one back in each day.. I find that has helped me..
    Please be proud of your accomplishments... As we hear so many times, you did not put the weight on in a day, and it will not come off in a day.. Every "body" is different... It will happen for you... Good luck...
    I know we all want to lose weight as quickly as possible, but the weight you lose now will weight that won't come back either! I find that's one of the most wonderful aspects of this whole journey. I know I won't let the weight pile back on because I am loving this life and will do everything I have to do to remain compliant w/my new routine of eating and exercising. You've lost a good deal of weight in a short time and if you drink more and have more protein, you should see the pounds drop. I am at a stall also and not liking it, I did start drinking my protein shakes and trying to get in more foods; I've also begun doing more exercise more frequently and switching up the types of exercise I do.
    You are doing awesome!! I have lost 40 in 3 months, so you are doing good!!! Keep up the good work!!
    And try to eat more protein. My doctor told me if I "stall" in my weight loss that eat more protein and it will get it going again!!

Good luck!!
    Not knowing what your starting weigh was, I would agree with everyone else. Your doing great. It's all about lose of your body fat and the percentage of what you started at? For me, I started at 130lbs of body fat. If I lose they weight you have lose in 3 months that would be a 27% lose of body fat. Not bad for 3 months. You also have to remeber this is a year long process and not how fast to get to the end point. You do need carbs to lose weigh, so don't cut them out all together, but you may want to try differnent levels to see if those do anything.
    I am dealing with the same issue. I went to my nutrition and she told me I wasn’t eating enough. I needed to get my more protein in. She also told me to exercise more. So my goal this week is to eat more and go to the gym in the morning and take a walk in the evenings. So you may want to try and write down your foods and then go to see a nutrition. Oh the other issue is that I was moving my bowels. I noticed after I took a laxative that I dropped another 5 pounds. So maybe the issue
    I use Fitday.com to log in all my food and excercise, carbs, water, fat, etc. I know I've lost more than I could ever could have before surgery, but I'm worried that I'll never get close to my goal. My highest weight was 250, lost 6 lbs pre-op diet, then lost 20+ the first 2 weeks post-op. Now it's 1 lb every couple weeks (if I'm lucky). I'm going to add another protein shake and see if that helps. Thanks for the encouragement!
    I was looking for local people and came across your blog. I realize this is an old blog,
    I was wondering how you are doing now and if you had a local support group in the Charleston area.