Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Eileen G

They call me GG and MONK MONK

Rate this Entry
Hi,
My name is Eileen and I had sleeve surgery on May 31st. I really have felt great, no nausea and no vomiting. I had planned to have weight loss surgery bypass 15 years ago along with my older sister but backed out. Then 12 years ago my baby sister was having stomach bypass so I was going to have it then, but I backed out. Both times I felt like something was off and I didn't need to have it. Well as I have gotten older, (now 55), I have diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, depression, anxiety, etc , had to have right knee replacement surgery, and need left knee replaced, and pinched nerve in my back. I have 4 precious grands the first two are my son's kids and they call me GG. MY daughter has two and the first had chunky cheeks and I nicknamed him MonkMonk and when he started talking he called me Monk Monk too. So I have two granny names and I love it. Anyway, after having my grands, I want to be able to do things with them, and I want my health back. I attended 6 months of classes with dietician and decided to have the sleeve. I could not have asked for any smoother surgery and healing than what I have had. I just thought I would lose 30 pounds the first month and so far only 17pounds. I have had very little stomach hunger, but a lot of mental hunger. That's the biggest battle. I look forward to meeting many of you and supporting one another. God bless you all!

Submit "They call me GG and MONK MONK" to Digg Submit "They call me GG and MONK MONK" to del.icio.us Submit "They call me GG and MONK MONK" to StumbleUpon Submit "They call me GG and MONK MONK" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF IN TIME. I HAVE LOST 16 LBS AND ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS. ONCE YOU CAN WORK OUT AND BEGIN A GOOD HEALTHY DIET YOU WILL LOSE MORE. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann311
    THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF IN TIME. I HAVE LOST 16 LBS AND ITS BEEN 4 WEEKS. ONCE YOU CAN WORK OUT AND BEGIN A GOOD HEALTHY DIET YOU WILL LOSE MORE. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY =]

Thank you, I wish you well too!
    We all lose at our own rate. I have often thought my weight loss was slow compared to others but I have lost regularly and consistently. I am 7 1/2 months post op and hit my goal today!!! So in all truth, while in the beginning I lamented, I really have no complaints. Have you taken pictures and measurements? I suggest you take a picture in a bathing suit or sports bra and spandex shorts. Take them every 2 weeks along with measurements of your bust, hips, waist, thighs, biceps, calf, and neck. When you feel like there is little loss those pictures will tell a totally different story....even when the scale seems stuck. I love to flip through my progress album on my phone and watch the pounds disappear. It is really something spectacular!
    Hi Eilen,

Losing weight after bariatric surgery was for me different from what I was expecting. Before surgery I would lose regularly, but after surgery I lost a lot, then had stalls and plateaux, then lost more. What's important is not how fast you lose but to keep losing, follow your guideline and look at the result in a few months. You will be amazed! Take care
    hello everyone . and to you mrs GG im hoping that it will fall off more like you want . im sure that you just have to give it some time and follow your diet to the T......... let me know how it works out
    Your story sounds very similar to me. Right knee replaced waiting on the left but held off for as long as a can. Now with the weight down my left is feeling awesome. Still acts up occasionally but the difference is stunning. Ruptured the disk between L5-S1 and had laminectomy surgery to fix. Daughter had twin boys last year so they are not talking much yet but ....

As to the weight loss, look at it logically. It takes 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat. As a woman your resting metabolic rate is likely 2000 calories a day just by breathing. If you are consuming 500 calories a day that leaves you 1500 calories short per day. So you should lose under .5 pounds per day at that rate. or about 15 pounds per month. With logic, you are ahead of the game so celebrate. Most of the giant numbers you see if the first month is likely water weight. Keep up the good work because you are doing good work.