Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

GigiUSA

Good Golly..... T Minus 14 Days and Counting......

Rate this Entry
Wow.... I can't believe that I am down to only 2 weeks before my surgery! I am very excited and very anxious (in a good way)!!!! My surgeon's office just called to see if I had any questions for them... I really did not have a lot to ask.

It has been kind of a whirlwind in my life and I feel like I am reclaiming myself through this surgery. Like I have mentioned previously, I am not telling many people in my life about the upcoming "Independence Day" of one said Gigi... LOL It is very liberating to take the reins of my own life and go for it.

The things that I hope to accomplish with the help of my smaller stomach will be:

• Wearing a smaller size clothes
  • Enjoying exercising again and train for a 1/2 marathon in Disney!
  • Feeling comfortable in my own skin again
  • Getting the focus off food in my life and move the focus over to quality time with the people I love, "doing" things together with people not just meeting to eat.
  • Enjoying a better quality of life with my husband, kids and grandchildren.

There are SO SO SO many more things that I can add... but the list is limitless for me and for anyone else having sleeve surgery. I think that it is important to shift your mind and your thinking to what CAN BE!!!! I know what I want my end result to be and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there.

I am so excited and appreciate all the amazing support I have found on this site! Pretty soon (14 days to be exact) I will be a SLEEVE SISTER!!!! I can't wait to join you guys on the other side.

BIG HUGS xoxoxoxoxo

Submit "Good Golly..... T Minus 14 Days and Counting......" to Digg Submit "Good Golly..... T Minus 14 Days and Counting......" to del.icio.us Submit "Good Golly..... T Minus 14 Days and Counting......" to StumbleUpon Submit "Good Golly..... T Minus 14 Days and Counting......" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Gigi, so excited for you!!!

Sharlene
    Two weeks!! You'll be sleeved before you know it! I can tell you I didn't have many questions for my surgeon either because I was constantly reading, had been through it with my sister, and was able to get any question I needed answered by fellow sleevers.
    The absolute best running app is C25K....and then after wards they have for 10K, 1/2 marathon, and full marathon. It is a great program. Make sure you are getting vitamins when you start that. I actually had some hip issues due to low vitamin D for a while post op and had to stop running and let my body heal. Just started running again.
    Wishing you the best lady! Hope you're doing great on the losers bench with us!
    The losers bench is FINE!!!! Worth everything it took to get here. xo