Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Martini

what help can you get after the surgery if needed?

Rate this Entry
so im just wondering if something were to happen after you get home ( god willing that it wont ) but for some reason that it does .... my question is are dr's in the states willing to help you?

Submit "what help can you get after the surgery if needed?" to Digg Submit "what help can you get after the surgery if needed?" to del.icio.us Submit "what help can you get after the surgery if needed?" to StumbleUpon Submit "what help can you get after the surgery if needed?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can't imagine a doctor turning someone away who needs help.

I see my Primary Care Physician seeing I was self-pay and that only included 3 months of follow up. My insurance won't pay anything related to bariatric surgery. But she's great, knows all the extra tests us sleeve patients need, and seems to be on top of everything.
    I guess I have thought the same thing but figured I would not be turned away. If my insurance will not pay because it was the result of my sleeve surgery I guess they will have to accept payments and that is that. God willing none of us will have complications. For general follow up I plan to just go through my PCP as normal. Best of luck to you
    That was the scary part, that seeing they would not cover bariatric surgery, they also would not cover any bariatric complications. You can bet I followed every rule, drank every ounce of water, etc, anything to keep out of the hospital. I was so blessed to have no complications.

Since my surgery ages ago my surgeon's group has become a "Center of Excellence" and now sell an insurance policy for after surgery complications. I would have bought that for peace of mind.
    I would find ask my PCP about that and possibly my insurance company. It is scary to think about. And while I am sure you would be seen, maybe just not covered monetarily?!
    Doctors absolutely will turn you down. They can be quite assholish. I dealt with a few of them that wouldn't see me when I had complications because it wasn't their work or their problem. Many doctors do not want to deal with another surgeon's problem. I finally found one doctor that was extremely nice, and he took great care of me. I was self pay here in the States, bUT I never had any problems with my insurance covering any of the aftercare. There were never any questions about it whatsoever. Then again, I never tried to go through them for my surgery, so I don't even know if they know I had it.