Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julesdeck

3 years, 1 month starting over.....again

Rate this Entry
Pretty embarrassing to be writing this honestly. I feel like I've failed myself. I've gained back almost 20 lbs and never reached my goal. I am in a reset mode (again). Unfortunately the stress, travel, and family losses have taken its toll on me emotionally and physically, but I am done with putting myself last. I have started to journal again, doing a cleanse, and reintroduced my shakes. I have made it clear to my family and work associates that I need help and NO! is going to be a big word for me. I never felt the big restriction and feel none now.

I hate exercise, but I have been super active the last 2 days. My buns of not steel are killing me, but I feel so much better. I am also scheduled to meet with 2 surgeons regarding my pouch. My doctors have told me now for many years that will never go away due to previous surgeries. I'm hopeful one of them will have a low risk, not going to put me debt, solution.

Ok, I guess that's all I have to put down today. It's been difficult. I've ignored my tool and allowed my grief and emotions to control my diet. All I can do is move forward.

Submit "3 years, 1 month starting over.....again" to Digg Submit "3 years, 1 month starting over.....again" to del.icio.us Submit "3 years, 1 month starting over.....again" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 years, 1 month starting over.....again" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you tried the pouch reset? Maybe that can help for you. http://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-p...weight-regain/
    I read your previous two posts and sounds that you really have had a heck of circumstances to deal with since you got sleeved. I'm truly sorry for your loss, I wish I could say it gets easier with time, but just a few days ago I found myself sobbing hearing a song my little sister loved as kids. She passed away July 2015 and her passing was one of several reasons I chose to get sleeved.

You definitely have the tools at your disposal to do the right thing to get back on track. You had it then and you have it still. It is just a matter of you allowing yourself to be the lean healthy person you know can be.

I highly recommend connecting with a cognitive therapist who can help you access those tools when life circumstances are too overwhelming for you.

Best of wishes.
    In my opinion, losing the weight was the easiest thing I've ever done. Keeping is off is NOT. You can eat much more and you get hungry like a regular person. An when difficult things come up in your life, it's even harder. So sorry about your circumstances!

I'm not even one to give advice, I've been struggling with the same 5 pound gain for many months now. I've upped my exercise (do the gym and a hike daily), eat right, can't quite figure it out. It is so odd, for almost 3 years I weighed 140 every day, no matter what. Now I weigh 145 every day, no matter what. I gained after an accident where I couldn't exercise for 2 months. It's almost like my body just reset itself to where it wants to be. But I don't want to be here!
    Do not get discouraged. I had lap band in 2007- lost 150 pounds then gained much of the weight back and chose in 2014 to go to Mexico and have the sleeve. I completely understand the struggle and frustration with starting over. It is not fun and is mentally/physically taxing; however, you can get through this and lose the weight... As a nurse, I have learned and researched how stress and nutrients can positively and negatively impact your health and weight loss. I am a true believe that in order to be successful with weight loss your body needs the right amount of nutrients to be healthy. Also, remember.. the Scale is not the only indicator of health and will fluctuate depending on your life situations. Focus on health.. then weight loss will follow. Get the Core essential vitamins and minerals your body needs to operate. I have tried everything.. Now, I finally feel like I have found a product that may have been created for WLS patients just like me. There are 5 products: I recommend at least the Core Essentials- the liposome design is proven to allow the body to absorb up to 90% of the nutrients which is not common with most products. If you have questions please feel free to text/email. I believe in these products and take them all daily but know the Core Essentials and Neuro are improving my health and focus. The sleep is AMAZING as well. :-)
    I want to share these with EVERYONE!! If I can help one person feel better--I have met my goal.
    nice.vasayo.com
    Nakisha_ice@yahoo.com
    903-818-7826