Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

while.im.still.young

Coming up on FOUR years out!

Rate this Entry
Hey y'all!!! I see a lot of new faces amongst the posts! That makes me happy!! Shout out to anyone still lingering around from the 2012-2013 time frame!

Like my title says, I'm approaching 4, yes FOUR, years post-op. Things in my life have taken a drastic turn from where they were at the beginning of my journey about 4 1/2 years ago. I never made it to my "goal weight" but I did drop 8 numbers in my pants size! Also went from a 2X top to just a plain ole L.

You can read some of my old blog posts to get a feel for what my life after surgery was like... most of it being a total shxt storm.

Obviously there's a reason I've come crawling back to my favorite network of supporters though.. I need some motivation and real solid support right now... I've *gasp* started putting some weight back on..... I have zero excuses other than not being able to find the determination I had in me before. I don't know where it has gone. I started gaining a little weight back probably at the end of 2015.. A couple of pounds here, a couple of pounds there... Here it is 2017 and I've gained close to 45lbs back. I'm still 3000 times more comfortable in this body than the one I was in a few years back but I'm starting to feel a little ashamed about my lack of discipline.

I'd love any words of encouragement. And I'd really appreciate any feedback from anyone that may have gained a little weight back then hopped right back on track again.

Thanks in advance!!

Submit "Coming up on FOUR years out!" to Digg Submit "Coming up on FOUR years out!" to del.icio.us Submit "Coming up on FOUR years out!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Coming up on FOUR years out!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I know I am newer than you but I have walked this path with my sister who is 5 1/2 years post op and has been able to maintain. A lot of sleeve sites recommend a pouch reset. http://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-p...weight-regain/ If nothing else, you need to detox and get back to basics. Once you get those pounds gone I would recommend weighing regularly and taking action anytime your scale goes up more than 5 pounds. You can do this. Just remember you are worth it!
    Welcome back. I'm three years out, so I know that its easy for old habits to creep back up. You just need to return to basics. Pull out your information and menus from your bariatric surgeon. If need be, contact the nutritionist and get a "refresher." You've done it before, and you can do it again!
    I too am back for some motivation. I was sleeved in December 2013 never meet my goal and have gained 45lbs of what I lost back. I it hard to find the motivation to reset and the embarrassment makes me want to eat more! I am just ashamed and disgusted and need to get back on track!
    Hang in there ladies. I'm 3 years post op and have gained about 20 pounds. It sucks but we have to get back to the basics. Let's encourage each other. We can do it!